Chapter 3

Emma was sitting while the makeup artist did her makeup.

She was now at the hotel where the event will take place.

Her long golden blonde hair was curled into a perfect wave.

While her lips are covered with red lipstick giving a perfect view of her bunny teeth smile.

Everyone was busy making her look perfect.

Her nails was checked.

Her earings which was sponsored by Ellison.

Her hairdresser made sure that her hair at the left side ear will not cover the earings. She hairspray a few times near her ears.

Next she pinned her hair with golden hair clips which Ellison made specially for her.

Since, Houston and Ellison will be collaborating, they will give a few hints to the media of their collaboration.

Ellison have posted the earings that Emma was gonna wear, it absolutely will not take a long minutes for the media to make a new headline.

Emma smiled looking at the sparkling earrings which reflected at the mirror.

"It's so pretty." Emma commented.

Emma watched the makeup artist cover the tattoo on her thigh which she did a really great job at.

Thankfully her dress was in a long sleeve, so no one will see the tattoos on her arms.

They have an hour before the event starts.

Emma remember on her way coming to this hotel which caught every media attention.

She remember everyone was shocked.

"It's Emma!"

"Emma Houston!"

"Emma look at us!"

"Emma, where have you gone?"

"Emma!"

The shouting was non stop as she never looked at any of the photographer.

She went immediately inside the hotel.

Now, she have to be prepared the moment she exited the lift. The media will completely fill the lobby leaving a little space to take a picture for everyone who went to the event.

They took a few pictures to post on the social media before finally did a last check on Emma appearance then led the way to the lift.

Her bodyguard is on their position while leading her way as she walked out the elevator.

Then the shouting started.

She went to posed a few times for the media before going in the ballroom.

Ignoring all the questions of her missing.

But on her way of entering the ballroom, she heard a few times people said Ellison and Austin.

She didn't turned around to look.

Even though she should have glance to see the owner of Ellison.

As they entered, her bodyguards immediately went to stand beside every of the door.

She was kind of nervous, but acted professional.

"Emma Houston." Suddenly she was greeted by a couple whom she knows really well.

"Hello, Mrs. and Mr Hiddleston. Finally meeting you both again." She hugged Mrs. Hiddleston before shaking hand with her husband.

"Yeah, there's a few event that you have miss actually. Are you okay now?"

"Stronger than before." She joked which she earned a laugh from the couple.

"How about your parents."

"Still being a lovey dovey couple."

"Like us." All of them laughed.

"Hello everyone, Hiddleston and Ms. Emma." A man approach them before joining their conversation.

Emma was thankful she still kind of remember all the owner of every big company.

She grabbed a glass from the passing waiter.

Emma was having a good conversation with everyone when suddenly her ex joined them which she immediately excused herself as everyone was stealing a glance at both of them.

"You might want to greet with everyone, enjoy your night." He said following her steps.

It was just an event where every big company meet with each other, it has no agenda other than that. This type of event usually happen every year.

But of course every one have their hidden purpose like what Emma is actually doing.

Almost everyone instantly recognize the earings she's wearing which they compliment of how pretty Ellison made it.

"Avoiding me, Emma?" Emma sighed hearing that one voice she hated the most.

"Yes, why? Got any problem?" She glared before looking at other place.

"Looking beautiful tonight."

"Dylan. Please respect my space. That's all I ask."

She was about to walk away when Dylan hold her hand.

She immediately shook of his hand from holding her hand.

"I will not hesitate to let my guard take action on you." She warned before walking away, which this time he didn't stop her.

Dylan smirked as he watched her walk away.

She tried her best to vanish among the crowd, so that Dylan will not get a chance to meet her again.

That is when she bumped on someone body.

"I'm sorry." She said in rush and was about to walk away.

"Emma." Someone greeted her.

She raised her head to take a look at that person.

"Mrs. Hiddleston." She greeted back.

"We met again."

"Yeah, again." She laughed.

"Meet my son, Austin and her girlfriend." Emma turned to look at the person she introduced.

Immediately she recognized the two of them from the news she saw few days ago.

"Hello, my name is Emma." The both of them shook her hand, but she felt that Austin was a little cold with her.

Then, she realizes that she bumped on him maybe that's the reason he was a little cold with her.

"I'm sorry, I'll join you guys later." Emma excuse herself and was about to walk away when she heard the next word.

"I'm the owner of Ellison." Austin said with cold voice.

She gasped before turning to look at them again.

"Is this the way you greet us?" Emma couldn't respond as she was really shocked especially with Ellison's CEO'S attitude, very arrogant.

"You didn't do any research on Ellison?" He hardly questioned her.

"Is this how Houston work?" He asked again as he saw Emma seems to be silent.

"It's been few years and you guys still acted the same."

At the last statement, Emma was confused.

Why was she suddenly attacked this way. Did Ellison been holding grudge on Houston but what did Houston did to make him this mad.

She hide it with a smile.

"I'm sorry. I don't understand."

He glared before turning away with his girlfriend following him.