Unprepared For Being Prepared

*Edited: February 28th, 2022

Chapter 12: Unprepared For Being Prepared.

{Valerie}

"Greyson, it's alright. We were going to bed, remember?" I give a feeble attempt at tugging on his arm until a searing heat runs through his body, practically scalding my skin making me yelp.

"Oh, did I make the little hellspawn Alpha jealous? Tell me, how badly is your skin boiling knowing that precious mate of yours was with another man?" His condescending words were only rubbing Greyson the wrong way and he knew it.

"Fuck off Tanner, you're hardly a man!" I snarl and he gives me a smirk in return.

"But Val this is so much fun, don't you agree?" His attention then turns to Greyson as he hardens his gaze.

"Don't tell me of all the times you're trying to be on your best behavior for her, it's now. Come on, get down here and do something. Avenge your mate." Greyson begins to walk towards him as I dig my heels into the concrete, trying to hold him back.

"Greyson, I'm running on a few hours of sleep. It's going to get really ugly fast if I don't get to bed!" My words sounded strained through gritted teeth as I pull back on his arm with all my strength, which seems to hardly do anything.

"Michael!" My scream bounced off the prison walls until the Beta was bounding down the steps and Greyson walked out of my grip.

"I told you his emotions were piqued right now, didn't I?!" Michael and I watch with horror filled eyes as Greyson stalked towards Tanner's cell.

I wanted to yell at Michael to do something, but it seemed he was a step ahead as warriors came flooding in, all intent on trying to stop their Alpha from slaughtering the one that's lost his mind behind the cell bars.

Although, this didn't seem to do much as Greyson plowed through them. Some were even momentarily suspended into the air, and had this been a joking matter, I would've said it was raining men.

I yelp as a man suddenly falls at my feet making me quickly turn to Michael.

"Please tell me what's going to happen if we don't get him under control soon!" Michael frowns while crossing his arms looking thoughtfully into the distance as Greyson let's out a loud snarl at one of the men.

"The councils on it's way. If they see Greyson killed Tanner in cold blood, he can be tried among all the Alpha's to have his position stripped." His voice was casual as he spoke and my eyes widen.

"Michael, that could very much happen!" I gesture towards his seething Alpha who's looking right at the both of us causing him to pale.

"Oh my god, I'm going to have sacrifice myself so my best friend doesn't end up in prison." Greyson then grits his teeth at Michael, taking a single step until his Beta hastily runs to his side.

"Grey, he's trying to get into your head here. Don't let everything you've built go to waste." Michael slowly backs him into a wall with the help of about fifteen warriors as the scene unfolds before me.

"Think of your mother, think of your mate. She needs you, don't you want to be there for her? Just reel in Ryder and Apollo." Michael's words were so hushed I could hardly make them out, but I frown at his last words. Who was Ryder?

"Valerie, come here for a second." Michael didn't take his eyes off Greyson who seemed to be gradually calming down as he took deep breaths. I was hesitant to come near them, but after receiving an encouraging smile from Michael I managed to take one step forward.

"Greyson look at her, so young and innocent. She's what every man looks for in a mate. It'd be a shame if someone stole her from you again, wouldn't it?" Tanner taunts. One of the guards take their chance at knocking him out cold, but it was too late. The damage was done.