Chapter Eight

Cold water ran down my bruised body, blood filling the floor of the shower. I held on the wall before me, misty breathes leaving my lips. I blinked now and again. I was exhausted, my ears hearing Morgen and Hinto talking outside.

A silhouette appeared before the glass of the shower. I could easily make it up. 1.87m tall and bulky. It knocked twice.

My hand moved toward the glass entrance opening it, stepping out before the blonde-haired man who had a grown beard of the same colour as his short cut hair.

"Jason," I said tiredly.

"You did great," he said moving the new clothes he had on his hands toward me. It was black joggers, oversize white T-shirt with my head printed on it and my flipflops. I took them.

"Thank you," I forced out a smile, wearing the black joggers.

"I need to take care of that wound," he said, pointing at my calve before handing me antibiotics.

I took them and tossed them in my mouth. He handed me the bottle of water. I took it gulping it all up, helping the rough pill gild down my throat. He bent before me, his gloved hands touching my wounded calve. I grimaced through the pain biting my lower lip to stop myself from groaning

"Does it hurt?" he asked while bandaging it.

"No," I lied my ears hearing Zoe's voice from the locker's side with Morgen and Hinto.

"Can I go?" I asked.

"Your back and brows first," standing up.

He placing a plaster on my back that ached before putting a smaller plaster above my left brows. "You good now."

I nodded wearing my oversize white T-shirt, slipping in my flipflops before walking out. He followed from behind. The arguing caught my caught my ear when I got to the locker room. Zoe saw me first and forced a smile. "Hy!"

"Zoe," I said, glancing at Morgen and Hinto then back at Zoe.

Hinto looked away as Morgen kept his tensed eyes on me, never blinking. I noticed he had my old black oversize T-shirt and joggers I had come in wearing on his hand.

"We should get going kid, you need to rest up," Morgen said.

He was right, I needed to rest.

"Don't worry, I'll drive him home," Zoe insisted.

"I appropriate that Miss. Veminez but I prefer I do it myself, he's too hurt to be going out or celebrating," Morgen firmly addressed.

"I never said anything..." Zoe's voice sounded sharp and I could tell she was losing it.

"Zoe," I said.

Fighting over me was really not cutting it. "I'll take myself home," I said limping towards Morgen.

"You can't walk to Fion section like that," Morgen complained. "That like setting out a dying animal to a vulture infested area."

He was right. Fion section wasn't a section you wanted to go around wounded, unless you were suicidal due to the high number of black-market business. And here... I was not even having my bike with me.

"I'll be fine," I lied either ways, taking my clothes from his hand.

"I'll drive you home I am the one who brought you here broh," Zoe said taking my dirty clothes from my hands.

"No Miss. Veminez I..."

"It's fine Morgen, Zoe will take me home, I'll see you at the gym tomorrow," I assured him.

I still owed Zoe the movie and comic reading. He gave me an unsure look. "Take care of yourself kid,"

"I will," I forced out a smile.

"Let's go Hy!" Zoe yelled already leading the way.

"Coming!" limping after her.