Chapter Sixty-Seven

"YOU NEVER LISTEN! YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME HYPHEN! I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU! TOOK YOU IN! FED YOU! TRAINED YOU! AND LOVED YOU!"

"Bu..." holding my cheek, tears brimmed in my eyes.

"ALL I EVER WANTED FROM YOU IS TO LISTEN! LISTEN TO ME!" he yelled

He was mad! Mad like he always was. I was always the problem. "I WARNED YOU OF STEALING FROM WALTER BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN! WARNED YOU ABOUT DRAFTING BUT YOU NEVER LISTENED! WARNED YOU ABOUT THAT VEMINEZ WOMAN BUT...!"

Fuck him! He wasn't fair! Bringing up the past!

"SHE'S DEAD!" I screamed in tears.

My eyes slowly opened, the soft music filling my ears. Moonlight crept from the blinders, into the dark foreign room I was in. I slowly sat upright. The pain on the side of my belly and right arm shooting. I groaned, realizing, my wounds were attended, professionally.

A drip on my arm, with a bank of blood, moving into my body along with clear liquid. Deep breathes left my lips, looking at my attended wounds. I moved the blanket covering my bottom, realizing I was naked.

"Morgen?!" I yelled, my feet landing on the warm carpet floor. "Hinto!"

Moving my left hand but I realized it was hand cuffed onto the bed's leg. "What the fuck," I cursed, rattling it. "MORGEN!"

This wasn't funny. I pulled the dark blanket that had covered my bottom and wrapped it around my waist roughly. "Zo..." I stopped myself from calling her name, remembering the gruesome image of her body in my apartment's bathtub.

I blinked. "No..." my body hungry for something, something called Knees.

Zoe, it had to be a dream. I rattled my hand cuffed on the bed leg. "Fuck it," I cursed, pulling out the drips. The double bed turned, throwing off the mattress. I moved toward the exit, my body feeling heavy, dragging the bed behind me.

Gasps leaving my lips, that hurt. "Morgen! Please..." I gasped, holding on the wall, to catch my breath.

My eyes met the thousand sacks, packed together on the corner. Weed, they reeked of weed. What was going on here?

My brain working had to try and process what was going on. My right hand held the door knob, pulling it open. The soft music from the dark living room, getting clear.

The unfamiliar voice suddenly caught my ear. I moved out, the bed slamming against the door frames.

"What am I suppose to do with him then?!" I could hear her voice.

My eyes stared at the open door with light on my further right. I was sure the voice came from there, my head suddenly remembering her voice.

"You just ruined my apartment! Almost got me killed! Saved your ass a couple of times and you fuckin repay me with threats?! Get out! You, ungrateful bastard!"

"Okay, I'll wait for you," hearing her footsteps getting near.

My right fist weakly clenched, being careful not to cause pain to my attended gun wound. My chest rose and fell, seeing her walk out the room, I suspected was the kitchen into the small but neat living room, that was fully furnitured.

Her eyes met my tired eyes. She stopped, a phone on her hand.