Chapter Three

My left foot tapped on the concrete floor while I sat on the steel bench in the quiet locker room where all fighters prepared for their match. I already had changed into my combat white shorts with my name written in black, barefoot, bandages around my feet and hands. I kept my hands clenched together.

Footsteps caught my ears as a woman with shaved hair and body art appeared, in a bloody red shorts and sport bra. I quickly noticed her long nose was broken as she violently opened her locker, pulling her gym bag. She slammed it on the steel bench. I could feel her frustration. She had lost, I had seen her match with Agore.

Alexia, that was her name. I clenched my teeth as Zoe appeared, carrying two bottles of water talking with the 1.89m blond haired ass of a man with a swollen eye. The moment Alexia saw them she flung her gym bag over her shoulder and walked past them.

"No need to cry baby girl!" Agore yelled as Zoe laughed.

"Quit it Agore, she's done for it," Zoe said, her eyes meeting mine as I got up.

"Hy, Hy," Agore joyfully called out my name.

"Agore," I said trying to stay polite.

"Heard you got a match with the Wrecker," he said, amusement in his voice.

"You know how I am like, always going for the ones no one want to share a ring with," I replied as his face fell.

"You bast..." attempting to move toward me but Zoe stood before us.

"Knock it off!" she said glancing at me and back at Agore.

"Fuck," he hissed walking past Zoe.

"I mean it Agore," she firmly said.

"Don't worry sweet Zoey I'm outta here," Agore said, opening his locker and pulled out his navy-blue gym bag matching his combat short.

"Mr. Kovosku!" yelled his trainer, Ganin, who had a blond ponytail. In fact, he looked identical to him except with wrinkles.

"Coming bastard!" he yelled back, putting his bag pack over his shoulder. "You should join me and the guys for drinks later," his eyes on Zoe.

I felt my hands turn hot as I folded them into a fist.

"Would like to but can't do, but go have fun and try not to get alcohol poisoning," she replied.

A grin escaped my lips which I was sure Agore could see it clearly. Who did he think he was? Asking Zoe to be with him instead of me.

"Sure, no prob," he forced out a bitter smile, making him look more like a falcon. "Pity I won't be able to stay and see your fucked-up ass get whopped."

His grey eyes were now on me. A grin appearing on his face. My forehead wrinkled as I watched him walk away, almost bumping on Morgen. Such a sore loser, using my match to settle the score.

"Kid you up, let's go," Morgen ordered.

I nodded, now my body a little stiff. "You're sure you can do this?" Zoe asked.

"Don't worry, I got this," I assured her.

"Let's go kid!" Morgen yelled again, his eyes glaring at Zoe.

Zoe's presence was surely getting to him. She didn't like Zoe although he tried hiding it.

"Coming!"

"Listen Hy," sliding something on my hand before pulling a bandage and wrapping it around my hands.

Gold rings, she was wrapping gold rings around my fist for a more impactable punch. "Zoe this is no weapon fi..."

"Nothing is fair here Hy, you need to throw that attitude out the window in this game, trust me," she cut me short before letting me go and whispered in my ear. "Heroes die here,"

My teeth clenched, feeling my body turn cold instantly. I had been in the FL 200 for only 2 years now, unlike her. She had been in FL200 for six years now. "Kid!"

"Coming!" moving past Zoe, hoping she was right. No, she was, I trusted her.

Author's Note🌸
Enjoy!!!

Love

Zethembiso💗