Chapter 6

edited 10/1/2023 and 3/16/2024

You wake up, somehow in your bed. Your brain tries to recall everything that had just happened, but it just can't.

"What happened?" You say aloud, saying to your reflection in the mirror. You stare into the mirror, tilting your head. Your reflection smiles eerily at you, causing you to jump back in surprise. It points to your finger, grinning, reminding you of Tsukasa's face which starts to bring back your memory. Your head then starts to heavily ache, dropping your body to the floor.

You remember back to your finger as you try and keep your eyes open with all your might, its alarming red color starling you. You watch as it slowly spreads onto your other fingers, wondering what it could be. Your eyes slowly close as your head rests back onto the floor, leaving you laying down unconscious in your bedroom.

---

You wake up, a sudden burning pain hits your head. You try to support yourself to stand up. using a stool leg to help you up. Finally standing up, you glance towards your clock, the time reading 5:57 PM. You stumble towards your closet, trying to find a suitable outfit for your plans in mind. 

(here's ur fit btw

(here's ur fit btw. photo is not mine!! i found it on pinterest)

You decide to visit Kou. You bring dinner. You tried your very best at making it, Kou very much deserves it. You walk out of your small apartment, making sure to lock the door. Stepping outside, the breeze of fresh air relives your headache. You watch as the squirrels run across the soft green grass and the dark orange leaves fall gracefully towards the ground. You locate his small neighborhood (sorry that sounds a bit creepy) and find his small home (also creepy lol). When you arrive, a little girl answers the door.

"Um, shouldn't you ask your brothers or a parent to open the door? It could be anyone." You say to her. 

"Are you Kou-niisan's boyfriend/girlfriend/partner?" You gasp at the thought. 

"Oh, no I'm just Kou-kun's friend. I brought dinner for him. You could have some if you would like." She seems nice. You think. She nods and then you give her the pancakes you made. You head upstairs, looking for Kou. Instead, you find his older brother, Minamoto Teru. 

"Ah, you must be Yugi Y/N. My brother won't ever stop talking about you. Nice to meet you." You're caught with surprise. 

"Kou's over that way." He points to a room.

 "Thank you." You bow. You walk to his room, but of course you knock first. 

"Kou-kun? Are you there? I brought dinner. Your younger sister might eat it all before you even get a look at it." Kou opens the door. He's covered in scratches. 

"KOU! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!" You slap his face. 

"Why'd you do that? I could've defended myself! Now you're hurt!" He stares at you. 

"Slapping my face doesn't help! But I did that because I care about you! That's what loving someone is like! You'd do anything for them! Because you love that person!"

"You love me..?"

He realizes what he said. "i-Um, as a friend of course! You better eat that dinner I made you. I tried my best." He smiles. You help him get downstairs. You see his sister almost ate all of it! 

"This is so good!" She yells. 

"Oh, and that's Tiara by the way." As soon as he tastes your meal, his eyes light up. 

"This is amazing! You might be a better cook than me!" Tiara looks at him cutely, but sternly at the same time. 

"He/She is a better cook than you Kou-niisan." A small laugh escapes your lips, as Kou stares at you adoringly, a smile forming on his face. 

"Hm?" You question his stares. 

"O-Oh, it's n-nothing, I promise." He smiles apologetically.

You scoff. "It was definitely something." You tease. 

"Psh, not now, not in front of my sister, please. She'll tease me for hours." He whispers, his lips lightly touching your ear, but he pretends not to notice. 

"Oh, so it is really something?" You whisper back, a cunning grin on your face. 

"Oh, shut it." He grins back. 

"What are you two whispering about?" Tiara asks innocently. Teru suddenly arrives from upstairs. 

"Tiara, would you like to play Tea Party again?" You notice as he winks at Kou and he just hides his face. 

"Yes!" Her question remains unanswered and forgotten.

You drag Kou back up to his room, that sly grin still remaining on your face. You pin him onto the wall, making eye contact. "Explain?" You look at him with a teasing grin. 

"Sure." Soon enough, now you're being the one pinned. 

"Gotcha."

"You haven't won yet, Minamoto."

"Huh? What do you-"

You interrupt him, slamming your soft lips onto his. 

"And that's how you win a game." You smile slyly, walking away. You walk down the steps, going back into the kitchen where you left your bag.

"Well, I'll be off now! Goodbye!" You yell to Teru and Tiara. 

"Bye! Thank you for the food!" Tiara smiles as you heart melts as she is just too adorable. You exit the house, sighing to yourself. A win is a win.

"Y/N, wait!" A voice called out. You turned to see Kou. 

"I see. Here to admit defeat?" You grinned. 

"No, actually. I'm here to reclaim victory." He smirked. 

"What? How-" And this time, he interrupted you, placing a kiss onto your lips. 

"And that's how you truly win." He walked back into his house, leaving you dumbfounded.

Just before he went back inside, you yelled towards him. "This isn't over yet, Minamoto Kou!" He just simply smiled again before leaving your presence.

You walked back to your apartment. Your mind in a lovin swirly daze, you walk to your room. A smile forms onto your face, looking back towards the blaze of today's events.

"He's just so lovely.. sometimes I even hate the sickening feeling." 

You fall onto your bed, letting your mattress swallow you whole. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1015