•hirofumi yoshida/aki hayakawa•

[gender neutral]
species : human
——————————
"say cheese!" you exclaimed, aiming the camera towards hirofumi and the exterminated devil next to him. the male put up double peace signs and smiled widely, crouching besides the devil.
"cheese!" he said as you snapped the picture.

you looked at the picture, giggling. "perfect"  you say as hirofumi glanced over your shoulder. he smiled. "amazing" he said, patting your back.

"whats the plan now?" you asked, putting your phone away. "well," hiro started. "we could go see a movie, or we could go out for lunch"
"ooo! i've always wanted to see this movie!" you exclaimed. hirofumi chuckled. "movie it is. cmon, before the lines get too long" he said, ruffling your hair. you giggled as the two of you walked off.

Present Day
"what?" hiro asked, looking at makima. "denji's identity got out to the media. so, i'm placing you and a few others in charge of keeping him safe for the next month" makima explained.

"but what about y/n? they'll be alone!" hirofumi half-shouted, instantly regretting using that tone towards makima. but instead, makima just smiled. "i appreciate the concern, but i've got it covered. for the time being, y/n will be paired with aki" she said.

"oh." the male stated angrily. of all the people to pair you up with, why aki? himeno, arai, kobeni, hell, even power would do! he just knew that aki would try to pull something.
afterwards, hirofumi left the office, walking past aki and himeno on the way. he glared towards aki for a quick moment.

+++

hirofumi walked into the apartment, still thinking about what makima said. "hey, sorry for coming home late-" he looked up and saw you sleeping comfortably on the couch. the male let out a small chuckle, heading to his room.

+++

you glanced towards aki as you buckled your seatbelt. "so..what kind of devil are we fighting?" you asked nervously.
"should just be the fruit devil, nothing too strong" aki replied, lighting a cigarette as he began driving.

you rolled down your window in an attempt to not breathe in the smoke. 'i wonder what hiro's doing...' you thought.

moments later, the car stopped and the two of you got out of the car. "whoa, there's so many of them. i thought it was just the fruit devil?" you asked, looking towards aki. "it's possible that it's one for every fruit" he replied.
the two of you pulled out your weapons and ran towards the devils, slicing through them.

afterwards, you took out your phone and pointed the camera towards the deceased monsters. "what are you doing?" aki asked as he turned towards you.

"hirofumi and i usually take pictures of the devils after we kill them.." you explained, suddenly feeling ashamed. aki noticed this and shook his head. "no, it's fine" he said, taking the phone from your hand. "here, i'll take the picture for you"

you rushed in front of the devil, doing a pose as aki zoomed the camera in a bit. "smile" he said before taking the picture. you walked back over, looking at the picture. "wow, it looks pretty good!" you complimented, causing aki to crack a small smile. "yeah, i guess it did"

afterwards, the two of you headed back to the car. what you didn't know was hirofumi was watching from afar, an expression of anger, sadness, and jealousy all at one time.."
==========================
requested by : guessmymbti

FINALLY FINISHED! this took way too long to write for literally no reason. honestly, i was gonna make it longer, but couldn't think of anything to add