• aki hayakawa •

[gender neutral]
species : human
———————————
you sat up in your bed, scretching.
"good morning, ak-" you paused your speech as you noticed that aki wasn't next to you. "oh...he's still on that mission" you mutter, getting out of bed and heading to the kitchen.

"being a devil hunter must be hard, especially with these overnight missions..i wouldn't last" you continue as you open the fridge and look at the contents inside.

aki has been going on longer and, from you know, more dangerous missions more often than he usually does. it feels like you haven't seen him in months, even though it's only been a few days.

you sigh, closing the fridge when you found nothing to eat. "time to get groceries!" you exclaim, faking the cheeriness in your tone.

+++

you walk along the busy streets of japan, clutching onto the various bags. "it's past noon, but brunch doesn't sound so bad.." you perked up upon the various sounds of screams. you turn towards the commotion, immediately jumping out of the way of a car rushing towards you.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" you exclaimed as you noticed the huge creature in front of you. however, your thoughts weren't as..bold. 'is that a devil?? i've never seen one up close before, it probably saw me!'

the devil looked towards you, taking a few moments before rushing towards you. your fight-or-flight response instantly kicked in as you began to run as fast as you possibly could.

you thought that the devil would be slower, considering the fact that it was bigger than you. that didn't seem to be the case, however.

you felt your body weakening from the speed of your run as you panted. you needed to stop. and slowly, with hesitation, you did. the devil was gaining up on you as you slowed your movement.

before it could even get close to you, however, it suddenly stopped as you sat on the ground, catching your breath. you turn to the devil, gasping when you saw a huge fox-like creature with bloods and guts in its jaws. you began backing up as you panicked.

"y/n!"

you look behind, seeing aki rushing over to you with great speed. "a-aki!" you exclaimed, breathlessly.
the male knelt besides you, gently pulling you into a hug. "are you alright?" he whispered as you shook your head. "my body aches and that devil thingy..." you shake your head once more, trying not to think about it anymore.

aki's face expresses his concern as he picked you up bridal style. "i'll take you home...i'll stay with you this time, since the devil is dead" he states, kissing your forehead. the two of you began making your way home, thoughts of the recent events flooding your mind...
—————————
✏️bonus!✏️
"fuck...i lost the groceries.." you whine. aki lightly snickered as he put out his cigarette. "we'll go out to eat later tonight, okay? what do you feel like eating?" he asks, flopping onto the bed next to you.

"you know what i wanna eat, aki" you reply as you glance at him.

"f/f?" aki questioned as you nodded happily. "definitely"

==================
hey y'all, guess who my favorite character is [impossible, 101% people fail]