☆ DENJI ☆

[ female reader ]
species - human
☆☆☆

DENJI CAREFULLY SPREAD HONEY over the soft bread. "what else..oh, some cinnamon!" he grabbed it, shaking a bit of it onto the food. "would she want strawberry or grape jelly? both, i'll add both-!" "denji."

he looked up from his 'masterpiece,' noticing aki. "can you not make a mess all over my table??" he asked, grumbling. aki looked closer at the table. denji had already made one of his toasts and was currently making a second one. "who's that one for? i know it's not for me or power" aki questioned.

"it's, uhm.." denji searched for an excuse. "i just wanted two!" he quickly spoke. aki didn't seem to believe him, but didn't question him any further.

☆☆☆

denji stood in front of your apartment, already having knocked. it just so happened to be down the hall from aki's, which was really convenient. he held the plate with his breakfast. "miss y/n, miss y/n.." he muttered as he nervously tapped his foot.

your door swung open. "a-ah, mornin', miss y/n..!" he spoke. you smiled. "morning denji" you replied. "what brings you here?" denji's eyes traveled over your body. you wore a large white shirt with shorts. it looked pretty cozy.

"i brought you breakfast..!" he exclaimed, holding the plate out to you. "oh, this is interesting!" you said, taking the plate. "thanks, denji. i appreciate it." denji could only manage a nod. you picked up the bread and bit into it.

denji's eyes widened a bit, more nervous energy flowing through his system. you were seriously gonna eat it in front of him? if you ended up hating it, he'd be able to see it.

your smile widened. "it's delicious! what's on it?" "honey, cinnamon, and jelly! i got them from aki" denji replied, pleasantly surprised by your reaction. "i'll have to make this for breakfast every once in a while" you told him, taking another bite. "for real? it's that good?" he asked. you nodded. "the flavors kinda balance out. plus, it's a pretty unique food. it's very denji of you" you told him, giggling.

a blush rose to denji's cheeks. "y-yeah..i guess it is- HEY!" "what did i tell you about bothering y/n?" aki had grabbed denji by his collar and began dragging him back to his apartment. "i'll talk to you later, denji!" you called out. "yeah, you too..!"

☆☆☆☆☆
consider this a teaser for a denji x reader im gonna be writing soon
my denji oneshots are always better than everything else