•aki hayakawa•

[gender neutral]
species : fiend [formerly the past devil]
—————————————
—Two Years Ago—
aki placed the flowers atop the dirt by the grave, staring at the tombstone. "sorry..i know i look a mess right now.." he murmured as tears began falling from his eyes. himeno patted his shoulder. "cmon. makima called us up to train some rooks. we'll come back later with more flowers" she said, aki nodded in response. "yeah.." he said, the two heading back to the car.

Present Day

"yes, miss makima?" aki asked, standing in front of her desk. "evening, aki. i hope i wasn't interrupting anything" makima started. aki shook his head. "no, i wasn't doing anything anyway. what is it that you need?"

"another fiend has joined our ranks. they go by y/n l/n, and they were the past devil" makima explained. "past devil? well- i suppose if a future devil exists, it's not impossible for a past devil to exist as well.." aki muttered.

"however, seeing that they are just a reminiscence of the past, that doesn't have much to do with have any powers. so, i'm entrusting you to teach them the skills that you possess" makima finished. aki nodded. "alright" he said.

"good. they should be here any sec" makima was cut up by the door slamming open. aki's eyes widened at the sight of you. "f/f is delicious, miss! can i have some more??" you explained, wiping any food from around your mouth.

"i'm sure aki wouldn't mind taking you" makima stated as aki remained shook. "who's that?" you asked, completely oblivious to the man standing besides you.

"next to you. y/n, this is aki hayakawa" makima introduced as you stared at aki. the male stared right back. suddenly, you burst out laughing. "what?" makima asked.

"WHY'S HE- HAHAHA- WHY DOES HIS HAIR LOOK LIKE AN EXCLAMATION POINT" you manage to say, wiping away laugh-tears. aki blinked. "that is.." he stopped himself, not trying to entertain the situation.
'they said the same thing, but as a joke. y/n even looks like them. maybe they took over their body?' he thought.
+++++
aki watched as you ate f/c.
"more please!" you exclaimed. aki sighed. "that's your tenth bowl"
"it's not my fault they come in such a little bowl!" you retort. 'a glutton too. this is starting to become less of a coincidence..'

aki waved the worker over. "two more bowls of f/c. we'll take it to-go" he stated. you perked up. "why???" you whined. "i'm not going bankrupt buying you food" aki replied.

after packing the food, and a lot of complaining, the two of you got into aki's car. aki glanced over at you as he drove.
'maybe i should just come out and ask' aki thought. "y/n.." he started. "what?" you replied, keeping your hands on the plastic food containers.

"do you.." aki felt himself mentally choked. "do you have your seatbelt on?" he asked. aki then reached over and buckled the seatbelt for you. "pft, i'm not too worried about dying! i'll just regenerate or something" you exclaimed.

aki tensed up. they had said the same thing before the two of them went to fight a devil. those were the last words that aki remembered them saying too.
'how..ironic..' aki thought, wiping any tears that he felt filling up his eyes before they could fall..
===============
ngl, i seem to put more effort into my favorite characters, which is understandable ig-
might make a part 2