Semi-Final

Marylin was behind it all. I transformed back into myself. Her eyes filled with fear. "Marylin, please don't make this any harder than it has to be," I said, trying not to look at her. "I'm sorry," she whispered. She instantly pulled out a syringe and stabbed my with it.

Marylin's POV

I stepped backwards as she fell to the ground. I knocked out Wednesday. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry!" I cried. I fell next to Larissa and desperately tried to wake her up. It was no use. She was dead. I had something I needed to finish though. I would not let her death be in vain.

Y/N's POV

I needed to find my mother to apologize. I wanted to stay. But before I knew it, she was nowhere to be found. I ran through the school. My mother had left with Wednesday not to long ago, but nobody had heard from them. I checked the entire school. Ms. Thornhill! Of course. She would know. I ran straight to the garden. "Marylin! Marylin have you-" I stopped dead in my tracks. She looked at me with wide eyes. "Y/N. Close your eyes honey. Just leave and pretend this didn't happen," she told me. Wednesday was lying on the floor in front of her. "What happened?" I asked. "She passed out," she responded. "Where's my mother?" I asked. "I'm not sure..." I saw her step beside one of the tables as if to cover something. I walked around the other side of it. "Y/N- NO DON'T!" She cried. She pushed me away. She put both of her hands on my shoulders. "Go. Leave the school. Now!" Her voice was cold and she sounded insane. My eyes had tears in them. I shook my head silently. "Not without my mother!" I cried. "She'll be out there. I promise. Just go," she said. She was lying. I could tell. There were tears in her eyes. "Where's my mother?" I asked again. "She's fine. Just go!" She told me, her voice breaking. She closed her eyes and turned away from me. Tears streamed down her face. "What happened?" I asked. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I loved her. I swear! I'm sorry!" She repeated, burying her face in her hands. "Marylin. What. Happened?" I asked. "She's fine. I just- go," she said. I took a step towards her. "GO!" She screamed. I got scared and ran out of the garden. I ran out of the school. I ran towards the other kids. I waited outside the gates, waited for my mother and for Wednesday. Wednesday stumbled through the fog. Me and Enid ran to her and hugged her. She looked at me sadly but I didn't notice. "Are you alright?" I asked. She nodded quietly and hugged us back. Everyone ran towards her. "Wait.... Where's- Where's my mother?" I asked. It was silent so everyone could hear me. I turned to Bianca but she turned away from my gaze. Everyone had heard the fate of the Headmistress. Everyone but me at least. "Wednesday! Where is she?!" I asked with panic in my voice. "She was with you! And then Marylin said-" "Marylin lied. Marylin is Laurel Gates," she said. "I don't care! Just. Tell. Me. WHERE SHE IS!" I screamed. She looked at me sadly. "WHERE IS SHE?!" I screamed. "N-Nightshade..." she whispered. I didn't understand. "She's dead..." Wednesday muttered. I held my breath. "You're not funny!" I growled. She stayed silent. She didn't responded. I fell to my knees and screamed. A scream that left everyone silent. "I'm sorry..." Wednesday told me. Enid hugged me and that said more words than anything. People looked at me with guilt, pity, and a few looked at me with hopeful faces, trying to tell me it would be ok.

The Next Day

I stood in her office, staring at her empty desk. It was still hard to comprehend. I would still walk into her dorm or office expecting her to be there. And every time I did, I was remembered of that day. Tears streamed down my face. I saw something on her desk. A key to a drawer i'd never been aloud in. When I opened it, I saw letters to me from her. Hundreds of them. The top paper said "For Y/N, after I pass". I read through every one of them. And each made my cry more than the last. I closed the door, thank gosh this room was sound proof. I closed my eyes and screamed. A scream filled with pain and loss. I cried and cried for hours, no one came in or even messed with the lock.