First Day Detention

"I'm my office already?" My mother- well could I really call her my mother if she didn't know? Whatever- said. "In all fairness, she hit me first," I shrugged. "So your initial reaction is to choke her and almost kill her?!" She shouted. "Yes! It's called self defense!" I shouted back. "You do not get to shout at me understand?" She slammed her hand in the desk and I flinched. My ex-mother was never really the nicest person. Whenever I got mad she would take out her claws. It was scary and I never really got over it. Didn't help that she never apologize and encouraged my siblings to do it. My mother studied me. "Why did you flinch?" She asked. "I-I didn't..." I muttered. "You are a horrible liar," she told me. "So. Why did you flinch?" She asked again. "I don't wanna talk about it!" I told her. "Fine. But do tell me. Who's your mother?" She asked. A million thoughts rushed through my head. If I told her would she even believe me? Could I even tell her? Should I lie? Should I even answer? What if she wasn't my mom? "Y/N? Are you ok?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Y-yes..." I said quietly. "Who's your mother?" She asked again. "I need to go. Let me guess detention tonight?" I asked. She nodded. "But first you need to tell me," she said, her voice getting more impatient. "I don't know my birth mom!" I said quickly. I had lied yes, but up until I met her I hadn't known. "What?" She didn't seem to quite understand so I left the room while I had the chance. "Woah what's up with you?" Enid asked. "I'm- I'm not your sister," I told her. She looked at me confused. She blinked a few times and started laughing. "Wow you almost got me there for a minute," she smiled. I pushed past her and headed to my door. I called my adoptive parents. I knew I wasn't supposed to but I still did. "You're not supposed-" "How do I even tell her? I don't think she even realizes she has a daughter!" I shouted. "Y/N calm down. Just- I don't know- tell her. That easy," she said and hung up. "God dammit!" I threw my phone across the room. "Y/N? Is everything alright sis?" It was Enid. "Please leave," I muttered. "Alright. If you ever need to talk you know I'm here. Right sis?" She asked. I didn't respond. I heard her slowly walking away. The thought of Enid not being my sister hurt. We'd been together since we were newborns. Born on the same day even. But my parents never lie. So I knew for a fact, I was not their daughter, and Enid wasn't my sister.

Sorry it's a short chapter