Never

I sat straight up in bed, breathing quickly. I looked in the mirror to make sure I wasn't actually covered in blood. I could barely remember anything of my dream except for being covered in blood. I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I ran the water from the sink and splashed some over my face. The cold water felt so refreshing. I decided that it was late enough to wake up for good and got ready for school. As I walked passed my mother's office, I heard her taking to either herself or someone in the room. "Yes I know- she's not my family though! She never will be! Yes I know- I know- I KNOW!" She screamed. I couldn't help but continue to listen. "Just because she says she is doesn't make her!" Now I was extremely curious. "I don't care about her ok?! Not after what she did. She will never be my daughter!" She screamed. My heart dropped. I felt like I couldn't breath. Tears didn't fill my eyes though. I guess I was in shock. I couldn't say anything. Instead I just ran to my dorm. I closed my eyes and silently cried myself to sleep, not caring about my classes. When I awoke it was pitch black. But the words exposed everywhere. Hurtful things I heard throughout my life. My mother appeared on one side of the room. "Mother!" I cried. I ran towards her to hug her. Instead she pushed me away. "You will never be my daughter!" She told me, glaring. Her eyes stared deep into my soul. "You don't meant that! I didn't do anything!" I cried. She didn't say anything. I sat straight up in my bed. Damn nightmares! But what she had said was real. Someone knocked on my door. I opened it and saw my mother who had her arms crossed. "You missed all of your classes. Care to explain?" She asked annoyed. "I-I'm sorry..." I muttered. Her expression softened and she lifted up my chin. "Were you crying?" She asked. I realized that my eyes were probably still red. "Allergies..." I lied. "Oh. Alright then," she said, still somewhat unsure. "Do you hate me?" I asked. "No. No of course not. You're my daughter, I'll always love you," she smiled at me. It didn't feel real though. I fake smiled back. Now she's lying to cover it up. "I'm gonna go on a walk..." I muttered. I grabbed a backpack of mine and walked passed her. "Why do you need so much stuff?" She asked. "In case I get lost or stranded or hurt," I lied. Really, it was a runaway bag. "I'll come with you then. Just in case," now I knew I had messed up. We walked through the woods, making small talk. I saw a clear path. Good for tennis shoes... not good for heels or flats. My mother was wearing heels as always. "Wow. Look how pretty those flowers are," I pointed to some on the other side. "Careful around those. They're hemlock," she said. Poison. Duh. Any plant around Nevermore is probably poisonous or dangerous. As she stopped to look at them I ran. I ran to the opposite side through the path, away from the cobblestone we'd been walking on. She turned around quickly but it was too late. "Y/N!" I heard her call. I was running to fast for her to get to me. I stopped and took one last look at the school, and then at her. I saw her mouth one word, "Please". I shook my head and ran again. Anyways. Why would she care? As she said, I will never be her daughter.