Diary Entry #4

Dear Whoever,

I've already failed at my promise to be a good friend to Jamie and it's only been a day.

Today we were changing our hair and something just snapped in me which lead to me snapping at him.

And, for that I am sorry.

Yes, it was that big of a deal. The look on his face afterward was like a puppy that had just been kicked but couldn't understand why.

I was unfair. What Jamie said isn't even what upset me, not directly.

All he had done was compliment my hair.

And, when he did it reminded me of all the reasons I had come to hate my hair recently.

For starters, it was damaged from straightening it all the time. Which I had only done because the one time Craig said he liked it better that way (and yes, it still bothers me that I had actually listened to him).

But also, because the longer my hair got the more obvious the resemblance between Kayla and I became.

She was always the one out of the two of us with long hair. And, maybe it's stupid but I want to keep it that way.

———————————

S̶o̶r̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶. I needed a break.

I'll figure out a way to make it up to Jamie. Maybe I'll make him an extra special breakfast.

I hope that it isn't too late and that I haven't scared him away.

W̶e̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶. It's nice having a friend again.

Side note, I don't know if it's because I hate being home but lately whenever I am I can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched.

It could be that I'm just more paranoid than normal because I heard that Craig is coming back to town soon.

Either way, it wouldn't hurt to get some curtains in my room. Till I do I think I'll sleep in the tree house. I've always felt safe there.

That's it! I'll take Jamie to the tree house tomorrow!

Wish me luck,

Katherine