We Will Laugh...

By: Lonely-Heartless

FIVE YEARS AGO...

It's raining ropes outside. The weather perfectly in sync with Jimin's current mood. Jammed in the small church nestled on the cliff near Jigseongdong, the guests awaited patiently for the ceremony to launch. The holy place was familiar. It's the same one his mother used to drag him to throwing and kicking religiously every Sundays. The dark-haired male braced himself for the wave of nostalgia to hit him as it's always the case when his treacherous mind conjured up the ghost of his mother, died two years ago from cancer but the young man felt even more disheartened when he realized that the only thing he felt was the same pain and ache gnawing at him.

He sniffed, blinking away unshed tears, a fake smile plastered on his face. Today was supposed to be a happy day. His best friend Jungkook was getting married. The same bestfriend Jimin had been in love with for as long as he could remember.

His attention snapped up toward the beautiful couple Jungkook and Yuna made on the huge platform. His soon to be wife looked simply dazzling in her wedding gown and the younger man looked at her with wonder and love in his eyes. Jimin's breathing turned labored and his throat constricted like he's about to chock but he remained outwardly calm as he watched the younger man slide a slim gold band around the woman's slender annular.

"I now proclaim you husband and wife." Declared the priest and the attendance erupted in a concert of cheers and applause while Jimin finally abandoned all pretense of being alright and just let himself drop backward on the bench. His hands flied up to cover his face as he burst into silent and ugly crying.

His friend Kim Taehyung who'd made the trip all the way from Macau to attend the ceremony in support for him was the only witness to the scene. He sat down beside him and without a word as he rested a hand on his shoulder.

There's softness in his eyes when jimin finally stare up, lips slightly parted to offer what Tae suspected to be either an apology or explanation. He needed neither and so kindly cut him off before he so much uttered a word.