1. The Interview

I walked through the rain through the city, it was still around afternoon as I walked to my destination.

The year was...wait what's the year again? Ehh, it doesn't matter, not like myself to keep track anyway, sometime after Covid that's for sure.

My stomach growled from my last meal, or lack thereof. Money was low since I got fired from my last job. But, its not my fault that I suck at customer service. Giving a shit about most strangers just wasn't my appeal, not that it payed well anyway.

But I don't let this get me down, I just kept on trucking... through my savings to the point that I had to sacrifice a meal or two to keep my place. I mean, I could always just move back in with my parents if push came to shove or ask one of my pals to be roomates again, but for some reason I felt like being self-sufficient.

????????:You say that yet wasn't it because of @&%# that you even found this job?

OH YEAH! SELF-SUFFICIENCY!

????????:What ever you say.

I quit talking to the voice in my head as my destination finally shows itself, a large lone building with a packed parking lot and glowing neon lights displaying the establishment's name.

Fazbear Funtime Diner. Food Games Anime and Fun.

I take a deep breath looking at the sign, the memories of this franchise slowly coming back. Nostalgia of good and bad times filling me with dread about doing this again. But, I aint no coward, so time to suck up my dumb trauma and push forwards to destiny, and the double doors leading inside.

Once inside so many sights, sounds, and smells hit me. Flashing lights from the main stage, the sound of anime-like music blaring from the speakers, the smell of soda and pizza fill my nostrils. This is the main dining room, where patrons eat their food and watch the performers... perform.

But I wasn't here to describe the environment in great detail so that I could imagine what is right in front of me. I'll do that tonight once I properly start. By all accounts I've been hired as all the paperwork was done online, personal information, available hours, criminal record, and previous work history, the last two being considerably lacking in any data, which greatly disappoints me. I was sure I would have more felonies and work experience by now.

Anyways, I just need to finish an in-person interview with a manager and get my uniform then I can return here tonight. After all the paperwork I though there wouldn't be much more to know about myself, but when leaving a complete stranger to guard all your profits, food, arcades and cleaning supplies, I suppose you couldn't be to careful.

????????:...And?

Oh, and the hot animetronics as well I suppose.

Finally, I see someone in an employee uniform, carrying some tools and a speaker that was probably broken or just got fixed. She was your height wearing the employee shirt and some pants, had long hair with purple streaks, and seemed to be pretty well endowed, though nowhere near what the performers had, not that it mattered to me she was still smoking in her own way.

*!?*:Excuse me.

She turned to me giving me that tired I'm doing shit right now leave me the fuck alone look. Honestly, same sister.

*!?*:My name is Jake and I'm supposed to meet with the manager about the nightguard interview.

Her face immediately relaxed once I finish. Guess she thought I was another guest that was gonna try and hit on her...I mean I might later but I barely know her.