Chapter 22

Dash nervously ran his hands down his button down for the third time. His palms wouldn't stop sweating as he nervously shifted in his seat.

Thankfully, he wore a black shirt.

The perspiration dripping from his armpits served as a testament to how intense the moment was. Dash would have never guessed the bullshit that transpired in his life.

Nevertheless, today was the day.

Dash was meeting his birth mother.

He still hadn't spoken with David, and Dash honestly didn't plan to.

It was Osiris who reached out with the time and location for this meeting. Dash was fully expecting this to be his mother's home when he googled the spot, but now that he was on the property, it was giving low key spot, or maybe vacation home.

Either way, the place was nice.

An all brick, two-story lake house, tucked on a country back road. It didn't get much more private than this, and that revelation had Dash's stomach turning a little. He didn't know this woman, and David did stress that Dash had no clue what he was doing mixing with these people.

Just as he pulled out his phone to check in with Osiris, a black SUV was pulling up beside Dash in the driveway. Sliding his phone down in his pocket, Dash rubbed his sweaty palms down his pants and proceeded to exit the car.

It felt like a lump the size of a lemon was forming in his throat as he awaited his mother's exit from the vehicle. Anticipation crept in as the driver exited and headed towards the back door.

Dash held his breath. Did he have any of her features, personality traits? Why did she choose to leave him behind? Did he have other siblings? Dash was praying he hadn't accidentally slept with his sister.

Those were just a few of the questions running through his mind, and all Dash wanted was answers.

Fully expecting a woman to exit the SUV, Dash's heart dropped to the pit of his stomach as Juan  Guerra exited. Clothed in all black, mirror tented glasses covered Juan's eyes. The man's presence alone commanded attention.

Juan calmly approached Dash before stopping a few feet in front of him, holding out his right hand for Dash to shake. "Dashon, do you know why I'm here?"

Placing his hand in Juan's, Dash shook the man's hand firmly. "I know the situation, but no, I'm not sure about your presence."

"Fair enough," Juan chuckled lightly, removing the glasses from his face. "Carla Guerra, your birth mother, that's my wife. I know the situation is nuts, but Carla suffers from Bipolar disorder," Juan paused,clenching his jaw in anger. He hated to relive that moment. "David caught ahold of her during a manic episode, and here you are." Juan waved his hands out in front of Dash.

Dash was a smart man. He could tell that was something painful for Juan to speak about.

"Respectfully, I understand all of that, but that doesn't explain why you're here and not Carla." Dash spoke while looking eye to eye with Juan.

Juan sighed. "I'll be honest with you, I'm one hundred percent against this." He spoke. "My wife is everything to me, and while I understand your position, I cannot trust anyone or anything attached to David Cambridge."

"There is no attachment there. I was produced from David's seed and it ends there. He was about as much of a father, as your wife a mother to me. I have nothing to gain from this, especially concerning David. I don't know if you know the feeling of not belonging, but I felt that my entire life. Don't get me wrong, the woman that raised me is an outstanding woman. I wouldn't trade her for anything. That's not what I'm interested in doing here. In no way am I here to disrupt your life, I would just like to know more about my mother, and maybe there's something I can learn about myself."