Prologue.

Cale Henituse, a well-known rich trash from the city of Roan, he is known for having fiery red hair and for being a lightweight. The man was known to cause a ruckus whenever he goes out to drink, he would destroy anything that he manages to get a hold of everytime he got drunk. Sometimes, he would even throw wine bottles at some unfortunate soul!

And so here he is, sitting on a chair, in some room, waiting for someone.

Cale let out a 'tsk', he is seemingly angry and frustrated.

'Ugh... some shit punishment this is. Why can't he just disown me!?'

Cale groaned and crossed his arms, he leaned back and stared at the ceiling for a bit.

He remembered when his father sent him here as a 'Punishment' for wreaking havoc at the bar he frequently goes to and drink for years. His father then forced him to work at some sort of laboratory? Or some shit.

"Ha..."

Cale let out a sigh. Really, why can't his father disown him? It would make things easier for the redhead and himself. Cale, for a long time now, wants to get disowned and gain his freedom! He tried hard and hard to be trash so that his father could either scold him or kick him out of the house. But no, instead of a scold, his father didn't do anything but provide him with money and let him do what he wants. Instead of getting disowned, he was sent here instead, in some sort of organization.

Just then. A brown-haired man wearing a white long coat, who seemed to be a scientist, came into the room. His gaze landed onto the redhead.

"Are you Cale Henituse?"

The redhead rolled his eyes, he stood up and responded.

"The one and only."

Cale spoke in a sarcastic tone. The man flinched, his brown pupils started to shake and the redhead noticed it.

'I'm famous, I know.'

"I-I see..."

The man faked a cough and beckoned the redhead to follow him. Cale complied and followed the fidgeting man. The two walked along the corridor in an awkward silence, the man then started to speak.

"I'm surprised that you are willing to work along with us, Mr. Henituse."

Cale scoffed.

"Not 'willingly', more like, I was dumped here."

"O-oh, I-I see..."

The brown-haired scientist faked a cough again.

"W-well... in that case, I suppose you've never heard of our line of work, Mr. Henituse?"

"No shit."

The redhead bluntly and crassly responded. The brown-haired scientist felt like the need to cry but he held it in. The scientist then patiently started to explain.

"Well... our organization, Way of Life, consists of continuous research towards life. Such as animals and races."

The brown-haired scientist awaited for the redhead's acknowledgement, seeing as there is none. The scientist continued to speak.

"We study temperaments between animals and races. Such as birds, whales, elves, so on and so forth. For animals, we mainly focus on building and providing habitats for them, as well as their potential needs. For races, we study and examine them. Once we reached the necessary information we desired, we then let them live amongst us or provide them a place to call home."

The scientist once again waited for Cale's acknowledgement towards the information, yet he received none. The brown-haired scientist mentally sighed in resignation. Unknown to him was that the redhead was actually listening and was deep in thought.

Captivating Presence.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें