Chapter 23

A month after.

Third Person POV

Irene is now peacefully living in her father's hometown. Well, she's still crying at night but her siblings we're always there for her.

She's now playing in her piano, Someone You Love by Lewis Capaldi. Sinasabayan nalang din ng pagkanta.

I need somebody to heal, somebody to know
Somebody to have, just to know how it feels
It's easy to say, but it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me escape

Now the day bleeds into nightfall
And, you're not here to get me through it all
I let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

This time, she can't stop her tears from falling.

And I tend to close my eyes when it hurts sometimes
I fall into your arms
I'll be safe in your sound 'til I come back around

She can't now bear the feelings she felt right now until she felt someone's hugging her.

Imee

Naglalakad ako ngayon papunta sa room ni Irene ng makita ko siya sa dating office ng Daddy.

She's now pressing the key chords of her piano and playing while singing.

I'm just listening to her when she suddenly stopped, all I can hear is her sobs. I then walked, gently towards her.

I hugged her from the back. "Hush, it's fine. Don't cry na." I uttered, softly. She then faced me and hugged me tightly.

"Akala ko okay na ako, ate pero hindi pa pala." she said, sobbing. "I know, we understand. Ate will help you to move on, 'kay?" I told her.

I then lift her face and caressed the hair blocking to her face.

"Ang ganda ganda ng bunso namin tapos iiyak?" I asked, she chuckled.

"Ate, bunso kakain na!" Bonget yelled. "Oh wash your face muna para hindi ka asarin ni Bonget." I told her.

She stood up and went to the bathroom.

Nakita ko naman si Bonget na nakatayo sa may pinto. "Oh?" I asked.

"Nasaan si Irene? aalis tayo, pupunta daw Pagudpud." he uttered.

"Aano dun?" I asked. "Alangan namang magtanim ka dun diba?" he asked, I glared at him.

"Tara na, nagugutom na ako oh." Irene told us. Ramdam naman naming naaasar na kaya hindi na kami nagsalita at sumunod nalang sa kanya.

Pagbaba namin nakita naman namin si Mommy na nakaupo na.

"Goodmorning, mommy." we greeted her. "Goodmorning too. Sit down na, let's eat. Pupunta pa tayo sa Laoag." she said.

Tumingin naman ako kay Bongbong. "Akala ko ba Pagudpud?" I asked.

"Pagudpud? next week pa tayo pupunta doon." Mommy replied.