Alternate Ending

14 years after.

Alfonso

Today is Mommy's birthday and it's 7:31 in the morning now. And I know Mommy is already awake by now. 

Papunta na ako ngayon sa room niya while holding this little cake.

I then knocked on her door. "Is that you, Alfy?" I heard, Mommy asked.

"Yes, ma." I answered so she opened her door.

"Happy birthday!" I greeted her, she smiled. "Thank you, baby." she replied and kissed my cheeks.

"Wish, mommy.." I told her then she closed her eyes.

I know her wish and today, we're about to fulfill that.

"Done na, mommy?" I asked, she chuckled and blowed her cake.

"How old are you again, ma?" I asked as she pouted. "You forgot? hmm.." she said, I chuckled.

"Of course not, ako pa ba?" I asked, she laughed as she hit my arms.

"Let's go downstairs na, ma. I cooked." I told her. "Oh really?" she asked and closed her door.

"Yes. Bilib ka ba sa anak mo, ma?" I asked, she laughed.

"Opo, sige na po. Bilib na." she answered, I laughed.

When we go downstairs, we immediately went to the dining.

"Wow, Sinigang. Ang aga, anak ha." she said, I laughed. "I don't know what else to cook pa e." I answered.

I pulled a chair for her. "Thank you, love." he looked at me, I smiled.

"For the birthday girl.." I said and put some foods in her plate.

"You're so sweet today, anong meron?" she asked, I looked at her. "It's your birthday today, right?" I asked, she nodded.

"Kahit na." she answered. "Mommy, you know just eat." I uttered, she laughed, hysterically.

After we ate, we're here now at her room. And she's hugging Gorio.

"Where's Rene, mommy?" I asked. "Andoon sa closet ko. Pinalabhan ko yun, remember?" she asked, I nodded.

Tumayo naman ako para kunin 'yun, nang mag-ring ang phone ko.

"Anak, your phone is ringing." Mommy said kaya dali dali akong bumalik para kunin 'yun.

She looked at me, lifting her eyebrow. "You have girlfriend already na siguro? kaya ganun ka ka-sweet kanina." she said.

"Mommy, you're so advance. Diba sabi ko ikaw lang yung girl sa buhay ko?" I asked.

"Siguraduhin mo lang." I laughed, lumabas naman ako para sagutin ang tawag.

"Hmm, hi." I greeted. "Yes po, she's in her room right now. Pinagkamalan pa nga po na may girlfriend ako e." I answered.

"Hmm, 12pm po? okay okay, ingat ka po!" I answered and ended the call.

I smiled as I hang up the call. "Sino ba kasi 'yan?" napatingin naman ako sa likod.

Mommy then hugged me. "Who's that, hmm?" she asked. "Nothing mommy." I answered.

"Ma, mamayang 12 alis tayo ha? nagpareserve ako sa isang restaurant." I told her.

She looked at me. "You have money?" she asked. "Of course." I answered.

"I love you, mommy." I uttered and kissed her cheeks. "I love you too, anak ko." she said.