BONUS #1 | What If

A/N: This bonus chapter is a 'What If' scenario focused on an alternative ending where Samantha forgave Dante for what he did and decided to stay with him instead getting back with Brian (A different take to chapter 30). In this universe, she learned to love Dante again and they got married. Enjoy!
————————————♥️————————————

       I watch as Tomas stitched up Brian's wound. Brian looked up to meet my worried gaze and gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back, but deep down I felt guilty for putting him in harms way.

       "At least he's alive," Dante mumbled as he walked up beside me, startling me in the process. He leaned onto the door frame with crossed arms.

       "Yeah," I sighed. I looked up at Dante and bit my lip nervously. "Can we talk?"

       "Uhh sure." Dante nodded hesitantly. The sadness swelling up in his blue eyes told me he had an idea of where the conversation would go.

       I looked back at Brian and his gaze met mine. Those innocent brown eyes caused my heart to churn in pain. I gave him a small smile and he immediately caught on. It was as if he could read my mind, see the guilt in my eyes. He gave me sad nod that told me it was okay. With one last forced smile, I walked after Dante.

       The spring breeze flowed through my hair as we reached the second-floor balcony. Dante walked up to the concrete railing and closed his eyes.

       "I fell in love the first time I set eyes on you. I never thought I could love someone as much." Dante heaved a low sigh. "The good-boy said something that really stuck. If I truly loved you, I would let you go. Put your happiness first and above mine. So, you're free Bella. If you choose him, I will respect your decision."

       His back was still turned to me. I quietly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He seemed surprised by this action.

       "I forgive you." I stifled the tears that were threatening to fall. "I know now that it wasn't your fault that I lost my baby. Maybe destiny intended it this way? I don't think I was meant to be with Brian. As much as I grew to love him, he will never have a true happy life with me. I have so many enemies that will always persecute me. He deserves better than that. And, you have nothing but earned to have someone who loves you."

        "Sam—" he turned around to protest, but I placed my finger over his lips to silence him.

       "If you were placed back into my life and there has to be a reason. Let's give this. . . us, a second chance."

       I looked down at his lips and the desire I had been pushing back all this time resurfaced. Deep down, I still felt the attraction between us, but the love I had for Brian pushed it back. Even though I still loved him, I had accepted I was not for him and he was not for me. Today's events proved that. He was too good and I was too far gone into the dark side. Even if he chose to accept me after witnessing me almost kill someone, I knew that further down the road things could change. But Dante, would always accept me. All of me. So, I would too.

        "I don't want you to feel forced to be by my side, Bella. You love him, so be with him. You'll always have my protection, both of you will. So, you need not worry about being targeted."

       I reached my hand up and ran my thumb over his cheek. His skin was soft and warm under my touch.

       The roaring of an engine grabbed our attention. We looked over the balcony and at the gray sports car driving away.

       "Wait, isn't that. . . Why is he leaving?" Dante turned at me with scrunched brows.

       "Because it is you I chose, Dante." I replied. "It is you that I will spend the rest of my days with."