31. wedding bells

HER POV

Two months later...

Brian and I walked out toward the large reception area. Fairy lights hung above us as the sun began to set and the orchestra played a low, romantic tune.

"They really went all out," Brian said as he looked around admiring the expensive decorations and snacks.

Brian and I continued to walk toward our designated table. I was surprised to find my family already seated there.

"Mom! Dad!" I exclaimed as I ran toward them and they engulfed me into a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Need I remind you that your father is good friends with the Villanuevas," my mom replied before she turned to look at Brian. "You must be Brian?"

"Yes ma'am. It is a pleasure to finally be able to meet you," Brian politely extended his hand out for my mom to take but instead she pulled him into a hug.

"You look more handsome in person," my mom gushed as she punched Brian's cheeks. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter and making her happy."

"Dante used to do that too," my father grumbled beside her earning himself a hard nudge. He took in a deep breathe to recover from the blow and my mother gave him a threatening glare. "It's nice to meet you Brian."

"It's nice to meet you too sir," Brian shook my dad's hand nervously.

"Nice to see you again," Andrea said as she waved at Brian. "I hope you haven't found yourself in another predicament again."

"It's nice to see you too Andrea and thankfully I haven't," Brian replied.

Andrea smiled. "Good. I am glad to see you and my sister together, but you say anything hurtful to her again or make her sad and it won't be my dad you'll have to worry about. Capisci (You understand)?"

"Y-Yeah," Brian nodded. My dad smiled at Andrea proudly and I frowned.

"Alright you two, stop threatening my boyfriend," I said as Brian and I took a seat.

"We would now like to announce the arrival of the bride and groom. Please welcome, Mr and Mrs Marshall!"

        Everyone stood up as Caterina and Derek walked outside holding hands. They waved at their guests as we clapped and cheered for them. Caterina wore a beautiful gown that was embroidered with many sparkling jewels. Her blonde locks were slicked back into a low bun. Derek stood next to her with a black tuxedo and white dressing shirt.

       "I'll be right back," I whispered to Brian before walking over to Caterina and Derek.

         "Samantha! I am so glad you could make it," Caterina squealed as she wrapped me up in hug.

       "I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world," I replied as I turned to Derek and hugged him too. "Congratulations! I am really happy for you two."

       "Thank you," the replied in unison.

       "I'll let you two greet the rest of your guest. I just wanted to come and say hello real quick," I said as I noticed the other guests waiting.

       "Thank you for coming," Derek and Caterina replied. I gave them one last hug before walking back to Brian and my family.

       I was worried to see him and my Dad talking with serious expressions on their faces. My mom on the other hand was grinning from ear-to-ear and Andrea had a mixture of both.