12. the art of faking it

HER POV

I walked out onto the stage sporting one of the new lingerie sets for Mixie's Hot N'Sexy Wear. Despite some of the perverted gazes I was receiving from a few male fashion journalists, I continued my way down the runway with a confident smile.

I spotted Dante in the front row and he stood up as I neared the edge of the stage. He began clapping loudly and blew me a bunch of kisses. I felt my cheeks heat up as the those close to him began to gush. I did a couple of poses to display the clothing before making my way backstage.

"Oh my gosh, your fiancé is too cute," Sandra, one of my fellow co-workers gushed as I walked toward my designated vanity.

"I wish my boyfriend would do that for me," Tiffany, another one of the models, gushed.

"At least you have a boyfriend," Nina huffed as she rested her cheek on her hand. "I wish I could find myself a Prince Charming like you have Ms Moretti."

Tiffany nodded in agreement. "You are so lucky."

"Thank you," I gave them a small flattered smile. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I let their words sink in. A small sense of guilt consumed me.

"Tiffany, Sam, Sandra! It is time for the final walk!" The backstage manager announced and we followed the rest of the models toward the stairs leading to the runway.

Supermodel by Måneskin began to play and we each walked onto the stage for the final walk. The designer was in the lead followed by the star of the show which was Tiffany.

       Dante began to cheer upon seeing me and I smiled at him. I felt like I owed him a bit of affection and I blew him a kiss which caught him by surprise. He grinned widely at my cute action.

       I followed the models backstage and we all began to remove the makeup while the hairstylist undid our hair.

       "Thank you all so much for today. Every one of you did a fantastic job," the CEO of Mixie's said and we all clapped to congratulate her on the success of today's show.

       After the hairstylist was done, I brushed back my short brown hair into a low bun and slipped out of the lingerie. Nina was already behind me with a pair of light blue jeans and black leather crop top. I slipped on the clothes and then my black high-heeled boots.

       "Mr Villanueva is waiting for you by the exit ma'am," Nina informed and I gave her a grateful smile.

I slipped on my black shades as we neared Dante and his men. I greeted him with a smile and pulled me in for a hug.

       "You did amazing, il mio amore (my love)," Dante leaned down and kissed my cheek.

       "You know you don't have to come to every one of my shows right?" I raised a brow.

       "But I love coming and seeing my beautiful girlfriend," Dante replied. "Does it bother you that I come?"

       I immediately shook my head. "I just know that you have other stuff to do and-"

       Dante cupped my cheeks in his hands. "I do not mind coming to every show Bella. I love watching you do what you love."