14. the dead is living

HER POV

"You looked amazing in the dress," Caterina complimented as we exited the large SUV. Derek held the door opened for us and we gave him grateful smiles.

"Do you think it is a little too extravagant?" I asked as I bit my bottle lip to show my concern.

       Caterina shook her head. "You're going to be the wife of Dante Villanueva. You can go all out, as much as you want to."

       "I guess you are right," I replied, but the tone of my voice it was obvious that I was not convinced.

       As we entered the mansion, Caterina opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the loud clicking of heels against the floor. We looked up and found Alessandra standing in front of us with a serious face.

       "Dobbiamo parlare (We have to talk)," she said in a stone cold tone.

       We hurriedly followed after her as she made her way toward the study room. Myung was in there typing away on the multi-screen desktop. He uttered some words in Korean as he moved his gaze from screen to screen. He was too focused speaking through the headset that he did not notice us.

       "Myung has found some information," Alessandra sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest and looked over at us. "It's not good."

       "Have you contacted Dante?" I asked.

       "I tried but he won't answer his phone. He's probably in that meeting with those dumb bastards of Elite Corporations," Alessandra replied as she rubbed her temples. "Vincenzo went to tell him the news."

"So, what exactly did Myung find?" I raised a brow.

Finally the tall raven-haired man looked up with his usual smirk as he pressed a button on his keyboard.

       "I do not think it is safe that we speak through the phone," a female voice echoed out of the computer's speaker. It was Anastasia.

       "You really think those bastardos (bastards) are onto us?" This time it was a male voice—Santos. "They are so dumb they believed my death. I doubt they know that you are on my side now."

       "That bitch!" Caterina gritted her teeth together, but I motioned her to be quiet so I could hear the conversation.

       "I-I heard they have the Shadow Ninja," Anastasia replied. "Santos if they have him that means our plans will be compromised."

       "Psh, you really believe that the Shadow Ninja is working with them? Don't make me laugh," Santos's chuckled echoed into the silent study room. "That asshole works solo."

       "Santos I don't think you realize the gravity of the situation. If the Villanuevas find out I helped you escape, they'll kill me!"

       Santos chuckled again. "Why are you so afraid of them cara mia (my darling)?"

       Anastasia's unsteady breathing could be heard as she remain silent with hesitation.

       "Remember who will turn our victorious this time around," Santos replied. "After the Masquerade Ball, all of Italy will bow to us. The Villanuevas will be a thing of the past and we will stand as the King and Queen of the mafia world."

"Right, of course," Anastasia still sounded hesitant.

There are a few seconds of silence before there was a muffled knock. Santos ordered the person to enter.

"Sir, we have a problem," a male voice said.

        "What is it now?" Santos growled.

       "We believe that our security has been tampered with," another voice said.

       I froze as I heard the familiar voice. Alessandra and the other did not seem to notice the pale expression on my face.

       "I-It can't be," I muttered and this caught their attention.

       Alessandra snapped her fingers and Myung paused the recording.

       "What is it?" She asked.

        I furrowed my eyebrows together. "The voice—no, it can't be. Myung, could you please play that last bit?"

       Myung nodded and rewinded the recording.

       "What is it?"

       "We believe that our security has been tampered with."

       My eyes widened and I turned to each one of them with a look of disbelief. They all shared the same confused expression as they waited for me to say something. I was surprised that Alessandra and Caterina had not recognized it yet.

"It's him," I said. "It's Louis Dubois. He's alive."

"Che diavolo (What the hell)?!" Alessandra and Caterina exclaimed at the same time.

Author's Note Told you the drama would be back and stronger than ever! After the next chapter, things are going to pick up the pace and more drama will unfold

Author's Note
Told you the drama would be back and stronger than ever! After the next chapter, things are going to pick up the pace and more drama will unfold. The love triangle drama will also get steamier! So stay tuned! Next update will be uploaded on Monday. Reminder that Louis Dubois was one of Samantha's friends and the man she thought Dante had killed out of jealousy. Turns out he's alive! Let me know what you guys think will happen next. I'll see you all Monday! Please have a safe and amazing weekend my lovelies! Thank you for reading!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Song: Backstabber - Kesha