Red Herring

Leah's POV
I stood behind Emma while she took this couples photo for them "and smile" she clicked the camera while they posed "there you go" she handed them the camera back "thank you" they told her kindly, I smiled at Emma and felt a presence come up besides me.

"You know, it takes fewer muscles, to just say no" Rikki told Emma off "had to do something, whilst I was waiting" Emma gave her a shrug and started to walk "ok, yep, sorry, I got a little caught up" she tried to reason "I'm surprised you even showed at all" I chuckled while I swung my arms side to side.

"All right, ok, yep, I get it, I've been a little inconsistent, lately" Rikki said. "It's ok, I'm sure you'll tell us about it, when you're ready" I smirked playing along.

"Emma!" Someone yelled out I turned my head and saw Byron "Byron hey" Emma's voice changed to a sweet tone "knew it was you, saw you from back there, and I thought, Emma, hey Rikki, Leah" he looked at Emma then at Rikki and I, I gave him a small smile with a wave.

"Hi Byron" Rikki nodded greeting Byron.

"So I stand out, do I?" Emma looked up at him with inoccent eyes "of course you do, you're dependable, always the same look, the same vibe, it's like, you can count on the sun and Emma" her smile faded when he said that "anyway later" he told us and walked away, leaving Emma stunned.

"Was that a compliment or an insult?" She turned her head to us "it's a toss up" Rikki tilted her head, and walked away, Emma watched her then turned back to me for an answer "um, idk, I've never heard that before" I shrugged my shoulders following Rikki, as I felt Emma's eyes staring at me.

I had my drink and a little snack in my hand following the girls as we sat down "so you think I'm predictable?" Emma asked, it was silent for a moment "let me answer your question with a question." Rikki sat down her stuff and firmly looked at Emma.

"Do you count how many times you chew each mouthful?" Rikki asked, Emma rolled her eyes "that's not being predictable. That's just good health sense." Emma shook her head "and my role in this conversation ends now" Rikki stopped taking and drink out of her straw.

"You know what I think? I think our lives have gotten so nutty lately, it's nice to have a normal person we can rely on" Cleo played with her straw "I'm predictable" Emma quickly said "that's not what I meant" Cleo tilted her head with a eye roll.

"Hmm, the sun and Emma, ohh, I know what this is about." I nodded turning my head towards Rikki "this has got nothing to do with Byron" Emma tried to say "hm, hmm" I nodded thinking it was about Byron "you three just confirmed it for me, I'm sick of being dependable Emma" I smirked at her.

"I need a change, I'm going to color my hair" she sat up straight with a smile "oh I've always wanted to color my hair, I'll do it with you" I gasped and looked at Emma, she gave me a smile and nodded her head "girls, I am so glad I bumped into you" she put her hand on her chest.

"Miss Chatham, Hi" Cleo looked up towards with a smile "how are you, Miss Chatham?" Emma asked her "in all honestly, Emma I'm very concerned" my smile dropped as I got up and pulled her a chair between me and Cleo "oh, thank you dear" she put her hand on my shoulder .

"Yeah, no problem" I said down to listen to what she had to say "I just wanted to tell you that you must stick together, no matter what, you must be there for one another, promise me" we all looked at her with confusion "Miss Chatham, I don't know what you're worry about" Emma looked at all of us.

"But as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing I wouldn't do for these girls, there like my sisters" I looked at all three of them "absolutely, the three of us are like best friends, not secrets, right?" Cleo looked at the three of us "right" we said together I smiled and ate one of my strawberries.