Shipwrecked

(No flannel)

Leah's POV
Emma and I where standing by the dock and we heard yelling I looked at her and saw Zane yelling at a poor woman "I'm sorry, I didn't know" the poor lady said "wake up, lady, get with it" he yelled at her.

I shook my head and walked up to him "Zane, don't be rude" I shook my head at him "give the lady a chance to speak" Emma said looking at the woman "this old bats boat broke free and hit mine, it put a scratch on my cowling, look" he pointed at her then at his cowling.

"I said I'm sorry" she said "she said she's sorry" I turned my head and looked at him "it's not gonna pay for the damage , is it love? I bet she doesn't even have insurance, this boat shouldn't even be here, it's an embarrassment-" he looked at me, I furrowed my eyebrows as he called me "love" disgusting.

"Zane, you're overreacting, even for you" Emma told him.

"Am I?" He asked he quickly turned his head towards her and smirked "we'll see what the harbormaster thinks" he walked over leaving the woman stunned, she put her hand on her neck and scratched her neck in worry "don't worry, he's all talk" Emma told her.

She smiled at me and Emma "thank you, Emma, as well to you Leah"  my smile dropped as Emma and I looked at her confused "come aboard" she held out both of her hands towards us, I looked at it nervously but grabbed it so did Emma as we got on her boat.

We walked inside and looked at her boat as she poured us something to drink I looked at Emma and gave her a nervous look we both sat down as she gave us some tea "thank you" I told her "yes thank you" Emma said as we drunk our glasses at the same time.

"You're her" I spoke up "that's perceptive" she chuckled "the lady Cleo always talks about" I said looking at Emma "it's nice to be talked about" she smiled at me "she never told us you lived on a boat" emma looked around at the boat.

"I didn't tell her I was a Capricorn either, but that's another tale" she leaned in and said "tale" suspiciously and looked at us she started to laugh but I looked at Emma as we both looked down "oh, I'm sorry I've made you guys uncomfortable" she said.

I smiled at her "I'm not a very good host, mind you, I haven't had anyone else on board the Lorelei for....23 years" she said I smiled at her and looked at Emma.

"Miss Chatham" we turned our heads and saw Zane and an old man "ah, Mr.Hendrix, would you care for some iced tea?" She offered him I looked at Zane to see him have an evil look on his face when he made eye contact with me I glared at him, and he winked back at me I rolled my eyes and looked at Miss Chatham.

"You know why I'm here, Miss Chatham, another complaint's been received" he sighed and looked at her "people seem to complain so much these days" she leaned on her boat "a regularity which is hard to ignore when they concern you" he pointed his head at her.

"Heh, I'll take that as a compliment, you care about me, lovely" she finished her sentence and was about to walk back inside her boat but of course big mouth Zane had to say something "are you gonna evict her or what?" He put his hands on his hips and pointed at her.

"Leave this to me" he told Zane "Miss Chatham we've spoken on many occasions, on the last occasion, I reminded you of unpaid morning fees, that go back five years" he said.

"no, I don't recall that" she said, I looked over at Emma with a worried expression "before that, you've been served several requests, to maintain your vessel according to regulations" he kept going on.

"I really must open those letters, I've been meaning to read them" she tried to talk to him "you're getting evicted, lady, you're gone" Zane spoke up I looked at Miss Chatham and she put her hand on her chest.