Under the Weather

Leah's POV
Rikki and I got the last scoop of Emma's mom's delicious yogurt I took my bowl and sat on the counter besides Rikki "your Mom is a kitchen goddess" Rikki looked at Emma while she ate some yogurt.

"How does she make this yogurt" Cleo pointed at her yogurt "yeah Emma I'm going to need the recipe" I said taking a bite off my spoon "who knows? But we've got to get going, biology exam today, remember?" Emma looked at me I shook my head and continued to eat.

"There's plenty of time for that" I looked at my yogurt "I don't wanna miss it, I studied all weekend" she said walking over to the living room "so what's the flavor? Is it blueberry, or-?" Rikki had her mouth full with yogurt so she could change the subject.

"You three haven't studied, have you?" Emma said "no, does it show" Rikki quickly stated, and looked over at Emma who was getting her stuff ready "I only managed 20 minutes, and every minute was agony" Cleo looked at Emma, it got quiet for a moment and looked up to see them looking at me.

"Oh, I studied I just don't wanna go" I told them scarfing down my bowl "you're hopeless" Emma said as she put our bags on her counter and looked at us "so, can we go?" We looked at each other as I rolled my eyes and put my bowl down.

I hopped off the counter and walked over to grab my bag "all right, all right, such a stress head" Rikki said as she and Cleo followed.

We walked out the door and stopped at the porch as we looked up at the clouds and saw that they where gray, and we heard thunder "nothing to worry about, I checked the weather report and it's meant to clear up" Cleo fixed her bag looking at the sky.

But after she said that the thunder got louder and it started to pour I fiddled with my fingers as I looked at the rain "we wouldn't even make it to the street without growing tails" Rikki said looking at us "Leah, can't you do something" Emma lifted up her hands.

"What me?" I pointed at myself "you basically can control the weather, do something" Emma told me "alright, I'll try" I said as I lifted up my hands I used my power and separated the water to make a pathway for us.

I smiled at my accomplishment "there we go" I chuckled "Leah your a life saver" Emma said she was about to step down but before she could the thunder boomed I quickly grabbed Emma and pulled her back before she got wet.

My walk path way ruined I sighed as we walked back into the house "since turning into a mermaid, and trying to make a walk path isn't an option, we have to stay here" Rikki walked over happily to the couch I sat down with a huff.

"We can't just sit here, I studied all Saturday and Sunday for this exam" Emma sat on the couch rest arm "relax, there will be others" I said I looked over and saw Emma's mom walk in.

"That's not funny" she said sadly "why are you girls still here?" Emma's mom leaned on the counter with a hand on her hip we all looked at her "there's a typhoon outside, nodding her head "it's bucketing down, we're stuck" Rikki gave her a smile.

"Well, I'll drive you, the cars just out front" Emma's mom grabbed her keys I looked at the girls in worry "come on" she smiled walking over to the door.

She grabbed her umbrella as I slowly walked out the door looking at the rain we saw how far the car was Emma's mom stopped and turned towards us "it's just rain, a bit of water won't hurt you come on" she held out her hand for us to take.

We looked at her as she tried grabbing Cleo who looked hesitant "I really don't think we should Ms.Gilbert" Cleo said taking a step back from her hand, she started to back away back inside the house as we all followed her I looked at Cleo confused.

"It's just quick dash, Cleo, what's the matter with you?" Emma's mom shut the door looking at cleo with worry cleo held her head looking at Ms.Gilbert before she said anything she past out Emma and Rikki quickly caught her as I held her hand.