Chapter 17: Shooting Stars

For the first time in a long time heather felt tranquility...

She laid out in her queens parlors' balcony, the stars above escalated the hope that he was still watching.

She pondered the revelation. She imagined the possibility that he was looking up at the same Decadence that she was. Heather didn't want the boyfriend she had been forced to accept and love...she wanted him. She had thought about running away again, knowing that she had major responsibilities not just to herself but to the people she served and the parents who were proud of her.

She thought against it. Heather sighed, turning over in her small hammock that overlooked the edge of the balcony a little too dangerously. One wrong swing and over the edging she'd tumble. Heather knew her role and she played it well.

Swaying back and forth, thoughts escalated in her head, the soothing sound of crickets and indecisive hums of the greenhouse generator pushed her into a endless daze.

She wanted to sleep again, but she couldn't risk it. The bell on her phone sounded, ringing with the intensity of her assigned custom ringtone.
She answered the call.

"Is this heather?" A strong male voice echoed through the Parlors walls as he was on speaker. "Meet me in the garden" heather smirked announcing a "yes" and "okay" trying not to seem overly interested or excited. She slid out of her nightly petal pink slip and placed it on her dresser before applying her usual white t-shirt with her holed blue sleeves and her favorite pair of jeans and moved down the halls with silent but brisk movements, in hopes to not wake up, "dearest" mom and dad" She pushed past the guards and entered into the treated royal garden, Hoping she could actually find happiness once again, with him.

- Next Chapter - (revaluation)