Chapter 9: Happier Times

For the first time in forever...I saw the light...

A perfect sunrise, after that strange night in the inn, I paced my feet slowing down to a stop, placing my personally cheaply bought running shoes down atop a gravel road, my body now enveloped by sunflowers, my eye line dazed by butterflies of all colors. Blue, red, black and yellow. I grinned. Laying my body down beneath the flowers that stood weirdly exactly at my forehead and higher. I studied closely beside my crisscrossed legs, the ants gathering together to work for their next meal. The bees buzzing above, although horrified I stood my ground, embracing the tranquility that had surrounded me. Small Beatles scurried past my tennis shoes, for the first time in forever, I smiled. I felt a million boulders remove themselves off of my shoulders and crumble to a thousand tiny pieces. I finally felt relief. The sunset felt good against the cold crisp air. My black band logo promoting long sleeves shirt, and knight idol hoodie brought me even more comfort.

I stood to my feet. Knowing I must continue. But I felt anew. Reviving my sense of joy and childhood innocence, I had once known. "Is this heaven?" I pondered before sitting back down once more.

I would spend the day here. Twirling and dancing amongst the paradise I had discovered and the brightness that I had found. And I would continue forward tomorrow. With a new state of mind and a jovial state of being rejuvenated. Forever keeping this happy place, with happier times in the back of my mind.