Chapter 15: A Queens Immersion

What if....

What if I died...would my screaming mother care? Would my father visit my memorial?,
Would my subjects shed a tear? Would (he) finally understand that it took a lot to not fall in love with him and that even now the heartbreak still rushes down my face...my real face...?

I hate this throne. I hate the reality of the daily chores barked out by my appointed royal adviser. I wanted to be okay, put a smile on my face but today, I couldn't. Today I can't. I missed him, I missed the midnight cuddles under the stars, I miss his goofy laugh and his curly hair, his gruff but adorable voice. Right now I had nothing on my mind but him.

"Your highness?" Jose, spoke with a indistinguishable tone. His cologne drafting into my personal space, I shifted slightly to the right in my throne to move out of the aura of the pungent flying smelting musk that had begun piercing into my nostrils. The fake smile on my now showing as he took his time preforming a bow before snapping his glittered plastered makeup and pink with purple tinted nails pursed with silver glinting star icons. Our families Working castle servants burst through the large castle doors, brandishing a particularly stunning rose red with pink highlights, gorgeously portrayed royal gown, his face grew wide as my eyes widened with approval.

"This, my lady, is my masterpiece". He spoke, with his Hispanic accent flooding his mouth as his tongue moved, but I wasn't paying attention.

For the first time in forever I wanted to be pretty, care about my appearance, more so for tomorrow night.

"I love it" I said trying my best to walk as gracefully as possible in these light pink clear small jewel encrusted high heels. I tip toes my way down the row steps, trying my best to avoid tripping over the edges of the current dress that covered my body.

Awaiting tomorrows summer fate festival was something I was dread for it was to be held starting at dawn to dusk. Tomorrow I would be forced to marry a stranger for the sake of "family" and I only wish...if by some miracle, it would be him...but today I will prepare, not just my looks but my personality and my mentality...in hopes of a savior..and not just another commoner seeking to earn glory but my gleaming knight...my true love.