Chapter 10: A Clouded Gesture.

The snow had become hail so briskly that I had already forgotten about the paradise....

The storm halted my happiness and my sight lines as I pushed my way through sleet, large balls of hail, and slick indecisive ice beneath my laced shoes, I was cold, I was wet, and I needed shelter.

The small layers of clothing wasn't enough for this hindering storm. The empress of the white wasteland sauntering behind me with an her mouth agape and the endless cycles of wind flowing outward.

My steps heavy. My heart still in recovery. I stumbled, tripping over a white snow covered rock. A tear trickled from my eye, falling quietly into the air, freezing before hitting the ground, the small cut now blazing with a red gleam, I sturdied myself, my jeans lightly slashed and my fingers on purge on breaking.

"I should've packed gloves" I thought, my eye lashes brushing against the ice that held them open.

in front of me, through the endless bombardment of snow that flurried the air and deranged the environment, I saw a lamp light, not one from a building but one from a handheld candle lit old fashioned hand lamp, I collapsed to me knees, praying for a salvation, accepting my final doomed fate, as I saw her face...my childhood friend...before my eyes closed shut...once more.