Chapter 6: Tears Of A Knight.

Things haven't been the same since I killed him..

Lost in his misery. I looked around, hoping for a chance to cuddle with him under the moonlight once more... then I remembered... he'd just push me away. He'd run tell the local towns of the princesses unchivalrous misdeeds..and honestly... I'd let him.

I didn't want to hurt him again and the danger might further worsen his trauma. The fire still crackling I stood tall, my body ever so lengthy, my back to a large tree, my small dagger tracing lines down a small woodland stick, transforming it into a whittled peg. I would say "I love you, he would only say "you too". I allowed the distance to bring us to being awkward. It followed me like a fresh shadow.

He walked over to me. Handed me his favorite sword and told me "I've gotta go"... all I could do was nod, I understand why, I messed up again...another guy was leaving me. Another person who hated my mischievous nature almost as much as my parents.

Tears began to stream down my face, as I watched the one person I've actually cared for the longest time pardon my feelings for their own.
I fell down to my knees, sobbed until I couldn't anymore. Even as I cuddled up into a ball and forced myself to sleep I couldn't escape the fear...the fear of being alone. The cold winter air would lessen the flames. I'd wake up with a frown on my face, depression shrouding my mentality, his sword still sheathed and tethered on my back, still wiping away tears from my face... I pack up camp...and got ready to progress further in my quest to retrieve the queens salvation. (A family heirloom) and the key to my knighthood and victory. Stronger from the experience, but still depressed in my own right...

I traveled light, leaving the camp as it was, the small pots of leftovers now ice cold. The bright flame dimming, I traversed up the mountain alone, the struggle relevant but moving as intended. I missed him... I really did...but he's gone, and I have to accept that. And accept that she did.