Chapter 23: A Mess.

Depuis le début

I grinned, "well I'm happy for you guys, and let me know if you ever need anything. Okay?"

My words seemed to snap her out of a small trance she was absorbed into that was most likely about Thomas, "oh--yeah! For sure, thanks for treating us to dinner anyway."

"It's no problem, I'll see you guys at school." She nodded and smiled as I rolled my window up. Her small figure turned away and walked into the house where her love was.
I sighed, and my head fell forward, hitting the top of the steering wheel.

What am I gonna do?

Thomas pov

Gazing at her while she played video games truly was a sight. I sat at her desk, just admiring her. She seemed so into it like she was actually in the game. I giggled here and there while watching, she even tried dodging the opponent's attack like she was getting shot in real life, and that silly scene was usually followed by a panicked scream. How could this get any better? This is all I wanted.

The time zoomed by. Soon she'd finish playing games, she'd shower, then we'd cuddle in her bed and always be accompanied by Mika.

This was it.

How did I even get here? How did I fall so fast that I can barely even process it now? Maybe it's because I was never shown so much affection, care, and love, or maybe it's just because Rae is simply, Rae.

-

School. Gosh, I swear I wouldn't mind it too much if we didn't have to wake up at ungodly hours. Rae handles it better than I do, she wakes up fatigued and pushes through the sleepiness, and forces her body awake, while I sleep in a few more minutes and mentally prepare myself for the day.

It was amazing though, waking up with her. Just how I've always dreamed, the sun peeking through the curtains lighting the room with an unbelievable glow. It would highlight her features, like hair, skin, and eyes. Truly a sight.

I couldn't wait to talk to her again, it was one of the best parts of my day, especially holding her, kissing her, oh--and!

"--Hey, Thomas! How have things been for you? Do you still tutor people?" The moment slowed, and Isaiah was talking to, me. Alone? With none of his friends? Nicely? This is bad. This is not normal.
Then after a few seconds of silence between us, his eyes seemed to confusingly stalk my phone.

"Uh, no, I only tutored Rae, and that was because--"

"--you got your phone back.."

"Oh, um, yeah. How'd you know I lost it?"

"Rae told me. How? How'd you get it back?" He questioned with knowing eyes, the corners of his lips slightly pulled up, a smirk formed, and I began to feel the need to leave.

"Oh--uh,"

"Isaiah, Thomas?" Rae interrupted with a grin, both mine and Isaiah's heads turned to the shorter girl, giving her the same smile, "hey Rae." We said in unison. Immediately the moment tensed.

"Oh, hey." Her eyes picked up on the moment real quick, "Um, Isaiah I need to talk to Thomas, maybe you should--"

"Go?" He chuckled, "don't worry, I was just leaving." He said with a forced smile, his tone was bolder than just a few seconds ago.

He passed by me slowly, mumbling something so fast I could barely catch. "Me, you, at lunch, meet me in the locker room." My brows furrowed in confusion. So, it sounds like he wants to murder me there, or make out, which one could it be? Haha, on a real note, I do not want to go to the locker room alone with him, but I mean stuff between us has never got physical, fighting-wise, and he was acting pretty nice today. So maybe I should go?