Chapter 17: A Christmas Tradition

-

Thomas pov

"Aren't you excited?!" Michael asked, busting through my door awakening me from my slumber, he was full of energy and I wasn't so sure why. I looked around confused, feeling Bimbus escape my blanket to go jump on Toast who entered right after Michael also closing the door behind him.

"Excited for what?" I growled with a slight amount of anger rumbling in my raspy voice. I tiredly dug my face into my pillow as Michael continued to ramble on.

"For Santee Claus!! Duh!" He responded in a strained tone and said it as if I were too stupid to understand. "It's Christmas Eve! How are the both of you not excited?!" I chuckled still focused on how he spoke Santa's name. I smiled into my pillow, oh what would I do without these people.

"Santee Claus?" Toast mocked Michael followed by a scoff, "you're such a child." Toast spewed in laughter while jumping unto my bed. The two continued to bicker and argue about who knows what. I was too tired to listen on the actual conversation, I could just hear their voices proceed to rise.

Ugh, I'd probably sleep more. I said in my mind, continuing my thought from a few second ago.

"Could you guys please knock it off!" I lifted my head up from my pillow and scowled a bit too loud, my voice towering over theirs caused a silence after to settle in after. I tossed onto my back and pulled the cover over my face and groaned loudly.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry but look at me real quick." Michael gently commanded to me, I sighed and threw the blanket towards my feet which exposed my face. I looked him dead in the eye sternly and I could feel my eyebrows slightly pull together as I focused. "He said that I look like an elf!" Michael angrily stated while pointing his index finger at Toast then back to himself. I looked at the two in disbelief and shook my head.

"He does though doesn't he?" Toast mischievously laughed while running his hand through the each wisp of his neatly styled hair. I checked the time on my phone that was located next to me and lowly whined when I saw it was only 8:03 a.m.

"Who--Who even let you guys in?.." I asked in a drained tone as my hands slid down the sides of my cheeks, not even attempting to bother about carrying on with the subject about Michael being an elf. I rubbed my forehead with the palm of my hand then adjusted to pinching the bridge of nose with my index finger and thumb while closing my eyes shut still trying to process everything.

"Oh, your mom did." Toast retorted calmly. I dropped my hand from my face and gave them both a serious expression, I was still tired, in fact exhausted. I just wanted to flop to the side knowing my pillow would be there to catch me, and go resume back into my dreams where..she would be.

"We've been here for like 20 minutes already." Said Toast with a grin on his face. "She even made us breakfast!" Michael flexed, while Toast nodded in agreement with him. "Best food ever." That must be the delicious smell. They confirmed in unison. I switched my glance between them both.

I crawled off of my bed and walked to my bathroom passing right by them not saying a word. "Damn, why're so mad?" Michael questioned. I flipped the switch that spawned in the light of my small bathroom, I looked in the mirror fixing my bed head and rubbed the bags under my eyes. Well, you did just wake me up from my 4 hour sleep when I was hoping to get atleast 8 hours.

"So you welcomed yourselves in, ate breakfast my mom cooked you, and then barged into my room to wake me up?" I chuckled confusingly basically asking for the clarification in case I missed something. I picked up my toothbrush and toothpaste, while quickly switching my glance back to them.