Chapter 19: The Party

Thomas pov

My eyes widened in surprise, I couldn't even think straight, "you mean it?" I stupidly asked, my heart was beating faster than I could think, and a ridiculous smile sketched across my face.

She nodded in response, "I do." She hesitantly let out in a soft tone. A small smile pulled the corner of her lips up, and she shyly looked down.

An even larger smile was drawn on my face, and I could feel my ears heating up from the excitement I was holding in. She has feelings for me, Rachell has feelings for me... I simply leaned toward her and planted my lips on hers, just a tender kiss to complete the moment. I didn't bother moving away after our lips separated, I loved staying close to her.

The room was so quiet that I could hear my heart beating loudly.

She slightly tugged me closer and moved her face near mine. Then I could feel it. Suddenly that pour of never-ending pleasure, her lips on mine. It feels like a dream, I recall the memories and wonder if it was even real because it never feels real.

Her lips smoothly grazed mine, stealing a quick kiss. Her hands that were on my shoulders lifted into the rear of my hair, I smiled into the connection of our lips, and a chuckle managed to leave our tangled smiles. We separated, but our noses remained touching, just the tips. I stared into her eyes, a pure gaze that showed nothing but love and affection. It was like we communicated with our eyes sometimes, and I loved the feeling of it. A new feeling, actually; I don't know what to call it, but it's like this...release of weight, flying away from my heart. It happens when I feel like I can be close to her freely. Without worrying that she'd think I'm weird. Without being paranoid that she'd walk away from me like I'm nothing to her. Without...thinking bad.

-
Feelings have been admitted, and as days pass the teenagers only grow closer, in a bond and physical touch. And the word that colors this story: love, can be a rather slow process depending on the match of people. But isn't that the sweet, juicy part of a romance? The way Romeo and Juliet slowly fall for each other? Swimming in a pool of never-ending affection for each other. A new story lurks under every pair of eyes we see, and behind the oceans of chocolate Rachell and Thomas are designed with, are filled with calm waves of care and even love, but they won't admit it themselves.

Deep, deep down, they both cared an insane amount for each other. It was just recently that they finally began to realize the obvious. Maybe their brains are waking up and noticing that these feelings, these, strong feelings were simply more than, "I like you." Or, "I find you attractive." What if they may be realizing that the firm grip of knots that forms in their stomach when they see each other is more than just nervousness? What if...that sneaky, sneaky thought comes around again? The one they forbid from entering the doors of the mind? The thought that love is still alive, and the appearance of love is occurring to them?

Oh, how they used to hate the word, despise it.

The word love, "Love, it isn't real. How can it be?"

It only reminded the young childish part of them that their parents never happened to succeed in such beautiful relationships as the movies and fairy tales displayed. And people said that the movies were only made for entertainment, nothing that played on the television was real, and that the happy endings, the beautiful moment when the prince finally kisses his princess, must've died down the waterfall of lost hope.

But, what if, somehow...love is real? That feeling they feel for each other, the one they can't explain but can describe What if it is love?