Chapter 6 - The Thing About Love

-Anais-

"Deal"

The word that could kill. Deal. But if I want to do this, he's the fastest way to do so.

Of course Hazel and Ray set me up before, and I know that but I had absolutely no intention on actually taking it serious. Well, change of plans.

I know a lot of things others don't, I simply keep quiet about it, and among those things is the fact that Lucas Asher and I could've not been born at all. Isn't it fascinating how a small rejection in the past has such a big effect on the future?

His father and my mother used to know each other way before either were married, and his father got down on one knee. Proposed. To my mother. She tho, rejected.

How do I know this? It's one of the faintest memories I have of my past. My mom telling it to me while laughing. It also needed some digging in to do, but anyway.

Things with Lucas were super awkward at first, I had no idea what to even say, we had utterly nothing in common, but by time we kind of just made small talk on some topics. I felt bad using him like that... no I didn't.

He's a jerk. He's trash!

I've been in this school for a month and a half now and I am just as observant as Hazel! Ok, that's a lie. Hazel is the most attentive, she just has the instincts. She can see deep into people's souls just by looking at their faces, analysing them, I kinda envy that.

Hazel. Missing. That adds to everything I have going on. Including Oreo's disappearance.

But Hazel, she's a minor. Oreo is officially an adult and won't be taken much into consideration by anyone.

Hazel's disappearance was a huge topic at school on the first day it was announced, people I don't know coming up to me and asking if I was alright or apologising, and on some instances accusing me of having something to do with her disappearance.

Who knew Hazel could get this popular in this short time?

"Anais! Are you listening?"

"What?"

"I asked what you were drawing"

"A zoo"

I was being sarcastic since I was just drawing a door but later I noticed that I had actually drawn a zoo. And a specific balloon. I knew what I had drawn.

School had become hell ever since Hazel went missing and Ray started dating that weirdo and became "besties" with Jessica. But listen, if I wanna tackle my problems, I godda start somewhere.

I know that Ray is going to search for Hazel and Oreo even tho she distanced herself, so lets forget that. I love Hazel and Oreo but I know Ray is more than capable of doing things on her own, on the contrary, she does better when she works alone.

Ok so the zoo issue isn't so important right now so forget that. The mission from Oreo can't wait even if he's gone so I'll start working on that. That second person on the phone call that night is linked to the two people I need, so I'll make an agreement with her and let her handle that.

So that leaves me with two things to work on, Cassandra Fable's kids and the stalker. And ofcourse Oreo's mission but I already have everything planned out for that.

That leaves the question, what happens now? Well...

"What?! What do you mean?!!"

"I mean, I have decided to choose the opposing team to Ray, and well, technically you're WITH her, so... sorry man"