61. Numb III (3rd Person)

Comenzar desde el principio

She hasn't been able to get it cut for a while so it was almost shoulder length now. She hated it.

She looked over at her dresser and looked in the mirror, it was sort of blurry from being so far but it didn't matter to her.

She didn't really care how it looked.

She started with a lengthy cut she started shearing her hair frantically. Then, when it was at chin length, she started trimming it.

King eagerly sniffed the newly cut hair strands.

Carrie moved his mouth away as he attempted to eat her hair. She laughed slightly.

"You can't eat that silly." Carrie scooped up the hair and threw it away in her trash can.

She looked at herself in the mirror and rotated her head around.

It wasn't a horrible look but it was definitely choppy. She couldn't help but smiled a little, even if it didn't look the best- she felt better.

She kept the scissors in her hands. She held them blade down as she left the room and hobbled down the hall and the stairs.

She heard voices in the dining room and felt super awkward as she walked in.

Hank and four of his boys, Owen, Liam, Xander, and Benji, were in the room eating pizza and looking like they were having a decent time.

They looked at her, Hanks mouth went slack and he blinked a few times.

"Whoa." Benji said.

Xander narrowed his eyes. "You look like a boy." Owen smacked his arm. "Don't be an as-" Owen paused when seeing Benji. "Butthole."

Carrie cleared her throat. "Here," she offered the scissors to Hank. "Thought you'd want them, I uh found them in my backpack." He took them.

"Why would he-" Owen started, before looking at Carrie's arms. "Oh..." He swallowed hard. Xander and Benji still didn't understand and Owen clearly wasn't going to tell them.

Hank stood and ran a hand through Carrie's hair. "I think you look beautiful." Hank sighed. "You look so so beautiful." He kisses her hair comically.

"But you also could've told me, could've gotten you a haircut appointment." Carrie shrugged. "Uh I just wanted to get it done." Hank nodded.

"You doing okay?" Hank asked her.

"I'm fine." He didn't look like he believed her.

"Look," she showed her foster dad her wrapped up arms. "I didn't cut myself, I'm fine."

The boys looked surprised.

"Cut...?" Benji said innocently. Xander looked away and Owen patted Benji's arm.

Carrie felt bad saying that, letting her brothers hear that. She didn't want to worry them.

"I- uh I'm sorry." Hank grabbed her shoulders and gently squeezed them. "Don't apologize...you can talk to me about this stuff. You always can."

Owen picked Benji up and motioned for Xander to follow as they left. He reluctantly did.

Carrie shrugged. "I'm fine."

Hank sighed, pulling her into a tight hug. "You won't always be. You can tell me on the days where you...want to-" Carrie looked up at him.

"You can't even say it, dad." He closed his eyes. "I just don't know how to help and I'm sorry." This was it.

Carrie knew she was a burden and this was just showing her that.

She pulled away from the hug and turned around. "I don't need any help. I'm fine."