54. Owen II (Part One)

~ TRIGGER WARNING  - violence ~

"Hey buddy." Eric said, plopping his ass down right next to me on my bed.

Benji was over his shoulder, legs wrapped around our big brothers big body. His arms were practically strangling him- and his face was smushed in Eric's neck.

I could see the relief on his face when he sat, clearly saddling a seven year old around the past damn few days couldn't do wonders to the back.

Benji sniffled, clearly ready to burst into tears...again for the 100th time today. Eric, sensing it like a damn magician- slid his fingers in Benjis golden blonde to help calm him.

"Hey." I said back.

"I wanted to talk- you know privately but-" Benji groaned, I nodded.

Ever since our sister left- Benji hasn't left Eric's or (if he leaves for work) Hanks (even mine when he goes to work) and refuses to go to school.

The first day he threw a fit- a full on fucking tantrum. He said he wouldn't do anything till his 'sissy' comes home. Hank let it slide that day since- the day before our sister fucking ran away- but it's been the same damn thing everyday since.

For the past three days he's been refusing to leave, Hank tried the second day to get him in the car but he kept screaming. And, when Hanks grip loosened on Benji, he just fucking ran back into the house and into his cave of a room.

Hank gave up, he just took Benji to his work. His boss was sympathetic, so was Benjis school.

Thank God. Benji has to go to school though, soon too. The little guy can't just stay home forever or till Carrie comes back (which might be never)

That little fact got me pissed again. I can't show it now- not with my little brother around. I can't show how fucking scared I am.

Shit!

"Yeah, what's up?" Eric took one of his hands off Benji's back- carefully- and rested it on my shoulder. I could tell he was in therapist mode, something I did not need.

"How you holding up?"

I know why he's asking; I've been a blank wall the past few days, being emotionless isn't something I possess. I'm always voicing my opinion, always so God damn emotional.

And I have been- emotional- the past few days. I can't stop thinking about what's happening to her because he's with her dad. I mean he- he touched her when she was a fucking child.

Who's to say he's not into teenagers- the fucking pedo. If he lays a hand on Carrie- I swear to God I'm going to kill him.

He's probably already has touched her, Owen.

Fuck off voice in my head!

"Fine, I'm fine." I gritted out.

He raised his eyebrows. "Be honest, Owen. You always wear your emotions on your sleeves but- you've barely spoken to me- or dad. I'm worried. We're all worried."

He should be worried about Carrie, not me.

I'm not the one who's kidnapped- or ran away...but I refuse to believe that. She didn't run away, the damn voicemail was made with a gun to her head.

She was forced to leave. She wouldn't just leave on her own. I know it. I know my sister.

She sure as hell wouldn't. She wouldn't.

If she could see Benji- right now; I'm sure it'd break her heart.

"Carrie's the one we should be worried about, have they found anything else yet?" Eric sighed.