37. Dudes Liking Dudes (short)

We were silent for a long time.

Nether of us wanted to start this conversation. So I did. Even if it felt weird.

"I love you Owen. No matter who you may or may not like." I attempted to grab his hand but he pulled it away from me. He buried his face in his hands.

"Owen." I said softly, moving closer.

"I'm not gay." He starts, he turned his face so he was looking directly at me. "I'm bisexual." My heart warms at his confession. I finally get a grip on one of his hands and squeezed it.

"Nothing's going to change Owen. Your still my brother." His face darkened. "Life has been nothing but change. Delilah is disgusted by what I am." I grimaced. "She probably thinks your gay. Not bi-" he stopped me.

"No. I told her exactly what I told you. She said that doesn't exist- that being bisexual is just an out for people too scared to be 'fully' gay."

Suddenly- I want to kick Delilah in the face.

"Owen. That's not true. Your feelings are valid. Delilah is wrong." He shrugged. "I really loved her- I trusted her with that secret." I pulled him into a hug.

"You can trust me. Trust your family." Owen pushed out of my grip. "I can't tell them. They won't understand." I was at a crossroad.

On one hand I didn't want to push him into coming out but I also wanted him to know that everyone would still love him.

I was careful with my next words. "They might be confused at first but there's no doubt in my mind that they'd all still love you." He bit his lip and looked into my eyes, his were starting to tear up.

"Dad would. Eric too. But Luke- Liam- Xander. I don't know." Sure they were jocks but I have never seen them be mean in that way. "There are good guys. And Benji- I can picture him w/ a rainbow flag wrapped around him. Skipping and being adorable."

He laughed in the first time in forever. It was a good sound. "I could see it."

"Owen. Everyone in this family would support you." He sighed deeply. "Maybe so but I'm just not ready." I nodded.

"That's fine. I'll be there when you are." Owen went back to leaning in my arms. "Thank you, Carrie."

It was quiet again. It was my turn to confess something.

"I didn't go back to see my dad because I want to live with him again." He stiffened against me and said. "Then why?" Not in an angry way- in a hurt one.

"Because he's getting out of prison in less than two weeks. I wanted to tell him to screw off in person but it didn't work."

"Does that mean your leaving?" His voice was scared. I shook my head. "Legally, he can't be my guardian again. And he doesn't know my address- still I'm terrified he might find us. I don't- I-" I begin to cry.

Just thinking of him messing with my family or taking me to leave with him made me want to hurt something. Me.

He pulled me closer. "Owen." Me saying his name was muffled my his shirt, I was pressed against it so tight that I could nearly breath.

We both stayed like that- for nearly an hour. I was crying and he was crying. We both held one another.

Eventually the basement door opened and Hank appeared at Owen's room door. "Oh my God." He ran to us. Seeing two of his kids on a bed, crying their eyes out couldn't have been a nice sight to see.

"What's wrong? Talk to me."

I shook my head. "We just- we needed to let out some tears Hank." He looked between us and nodded. "Okay, okay. Well dinner's ready when you want some-" he started to leave the room but stopped. "I love you both."

"Dad!" Owen called out from next to me. His heart was beating fast. "Yeah?" Hank said.

"I-I I'm bisexual. Please don't tell everyone else. I needed you to know- know that's what made me upset with Carrie but I still shouldn't have hit her. I'm so so sorry!"

Hank didn't say anything for a long moment. I would see Owen's face go white. Mine too. But I knew Hank- Hank would support him.

"Wow. I um I had no idea." Hank sits at the end of the bed. "So you like both- guys and girls?" Owen nodded slightly. "Is that why you and Delilah broke up." He nodded once again.

Hank swallowed hard. "Are you telling me now   because you have a boyfriend?" Owen's white face turned a deep shade of red. "No! It's just- I dunno." Hank moved closer on the bed.

"Thank you son. I expect to meet your next partner by the way- no matter the gender." Owen covered his red face. "I don't think I'll have one for a while dad." Hank nodded and looked at me.

"So you two are good?"

"Yeah."

"Did you tell him about why you got grounded yet?" I shook my head and gave Hank a 'do not go any further' look.

"Tell me- one of you. I gotta know." Hank bit his lip then said. "She snuck out with Brent- ok bye!" He said it so fast- and left so fast- that I had no time to react.

Owen slowly turned to me. "Huh?" I covered my face with one of his pillows. "Damn you, Hank." I said, half laughing.

* A short but sweet chapter! (P.S you guys are all awesome so I'm not worried but I will be blocking any homophobic comments because that won't be tolerated) Thanks for reading! *