"I'm glad you two worked it out," I said, meaning it. It hadn't been my intention to get involved business-wise, but if it earned Jungkook a new client, it was a win.

Things were better now between me and Jungkook. He hadn't apologized or anything, but I never expected him to anyway. Holding a grudge had never been my style, so I let our argument gather dust in a forgotten corner. It wouldn't do either of us any better to address it anyway.

Jungkook wasn't as passive anymore, though I couldn't say we talked more. The crashing high waves between us had subsided before they could metamorphose into a tsunami, but it wasn't like we had become friends.

Last week he had even caught me off guard by coming into the bedroom with a laptop and suggesting we watch a movie together. New Year's Eve was supposed to be a night spent with friends or family, but it was not a Jeon family tradition.

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon had gone out to an event of old acquaintances or such. Yoongi had had last-minute troubles that he needed to deal with, and Dalrae was not yet of age to go out on her own. I didn't think her parents would have allowed it anyway, but that didn't matter after all.

I had looked at Jungkook with raised eyebrows until I understood that he wasn't trying to make fun of me with his offer. He had sat comfortably on his bed and picked out a movie on the laptop, even though we had a big TV hanging on the wall.

I had been surprised that he wasn't off doing whatever. I had never heard any bad rumors or seen any scandals about him before, so he was either very good at doing it in secret without ever letting the paparazzi know, or he wasn't the partying type.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel weird, and I had been waiting for him to laugh in my face at some point and tell me I was a fool to think we could spend New Year's Eve so casually.

But he hadn't, and so I let myself surrender to the comical, but on the other hand, comforting atmosphere. We had settled into our usual sleeping arrangements after the movie and hadn't exchanged a word before that either, but it was safe to say that things were changing.

"Maybe I should hire you? What do you think about that? I'm kind of convinced you'd be doing better than some of the idiots in the company." he laughed, a suggestive gleam in his eyes that shone through the streetlights we passed.

"I would be." I agreed, confident and unwavering which made Jungkook's laughter melt into a smirk as we waited for the gate to open. "But don't get your hopes up too quickly."

"I already arranged a place for you to work, it's too late to back out." He teased and I shook my head at that.

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon had been at the same event as us, but they left early since Jungkook's father had things to handle. Considering that it was after midnight and most of the lights were off when we arrived at the mansion, I guessed that most were asleep.

I talked to Mrs. Jeon when she asked me a direct question or really needed to. After the shenanigans she had pulled, I didn't feel the need to somehow share my precious time with her unless it was absolutely necessary.

I still respected her as my elder the way I was taught, but I knew she would never become my first option to go to if I needed anything.

Jungkook left the engine running for his chauffeur to park the car in the garage as we both got out in front of the house. I could have sworn I saw someone at the window before I walked up the stairs to the front door.

"Be careful. Everyone is sleeping." Jungkook shushed as I almost walked into an ancient-looking vase on the floor.

"My suggestion to you is to get ready for the jumpscare that your mother is about to give us," I half-joked in warning as Jungkook unlocked the door.