Chapter 2 | How Fortunate?

---Seydlitz Narration---

"The longer you live... The more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this world are merely pain, agony, and vain suffering and the ways of futility. Wherever you may look in this world where there is light, there will always be shadows to be discovered as well... So... as long as there is a concept of victors... the agony of the vanquished will always exist... The selfish intent to wanting to preserve peace, always Initiates wars... So long as humanity seeks peace... so will it seek out war... and with it... the pain, and agony of those involved will always follow without end. This is the world we live in... Peace is a distant memory... a cursed dream, none will ever find... No matter which road we travel. Even the art of love... Is a road where some fight the battle's they never expected to encounter..."

---Hours Upon Hours Later---

---Prinz Eugen Pov---

"... I hate to admit it, but from nya findings, his ship isn't even close to complete... If nyathing it appears he was launched with a completely sabotaged warship" Akashi explains to Hipper, and I her findings having inspected over his ship... She's the only repair ship in the Sakura Empire, but also usually a scammer as well... Though it's told her repair skills, and abilities are rivaled to none. Hipper clearly grows rapidly to the boiling point with anger, aware that no one could have possibly tampered or sabotaged Seydlitz during the building process... Because tensions had begun rising till near the end of his completion... "I've made a list of concerning short comings of Seydlitz ship. Nya! His armor is extremely thin compared to Both you, and Eugens, his torpedo bulge is utterly incomplete, only installed on one side, and even then, halfway attached and hanging off the hull at places. The electronics, and hydraulics are only attached to turret A, C and D, and only hydraulics are attached to turret B, the Rudder is completely steered using steam power, unlike you and Eugens Hydra-electric steering units. His ship contains a single boiler, clearly built during 1898 and runs utterly on coal, instead of semi oil like you... or pure oil, like Eugen.

And instead of three Blohm & Voss manufactured Steam Turbines... his ship has three triple expansion steam engines from a 1896 steam engine from another ship... likely from SMS Freya if I had to guess... based on the part numbers listed on the motors... Not to mention there is zero Barbette anti flash protection, which would have prevented his ammunition detonation in battle today... OH! And there's no auxiliary power unit of any kind... nor anti flooding tec, or water pumps to speak of... Truth be told, nya... I'd say this ship is a lost cause from how incomplete, and half nya'd it is." Akashi explains, and finally Hipper explodes with anger. "Why didn't Seydlitz tell us about this!!! Surely, he knew right away his ship wasn't correctly built!!!" Hipper shouts turning to me. I always had a sneaking suspicion that something wasn't right with Seydlitz since we left for the Pacific Ocean... he always struggles to keep up with us... always being winded, and one turret always seemed to turn faster than the others when he'd aim at passing by siren warships on our way... I'd assumed it was just him getting used to his ship... but... Now I see I should have taken the signs with the more serious approach, and sent him back to port for a check up on dry docks... But I'd never thought in a million years our nation would do something like this...

I feel sick to my stomach thinking about how badly they slapped him together... I open my hands at my sides fully, and immediately close them tight making a fist, and clenching them so tight the skin of my palm begins to be broken into by my nails, causing blood to slowly drip down my fingers and off my knuckles. "Can you fix it?" I ask with a anime style shadow casting over my eyes, hiding them from view, in turn hiding the boiling rage inside of me... "Nya, Course I can! But It will take a while! And it'll cost a good deal of course! Nya!" Akashi states, with that greedy look to make a deal in her eyes. "I don't give a damn how much it costs! Just make sure it's done right!" Hipper snarls in a sisterly protective tone, shes usually really hard on Seydlitz, but I know she's only hard on him because she doesn't want to lose him, and wants him to be tuff like her... She does it because she cares about him... Deep down I think he knows that more than anyone else. "In the Nyatime... I've got a ship that the Sakura Empire decided they didn't want any more AFTER I'D ALREADY WASTED MY MONEY BUILDING IT!!! That he can use till I'm Done so Nya isn't bedridden during the refit process! NYA! But, you'll have to rent it during it's use!" Akashi states. Hipper perks up a little bit. Hearing that actually lifted a huge weight off both Hipper, and I's chest, I don't think either of us want to see him in that state again, it was so painful and terrifying watching him struggle to hold onto life... whilst trapped on a bedside for all those years... wondering if he'd still be kicking the next time we saw him... "Whatever you've got we'll be appreciated... as long as it's not a scrap pile like this is!" Hipper admits with her arms crossed, as Akashi points at the heavy cruiser behind us in a separated docking slot. We turn and face it, finding a ship with the same size primary guns as our own... But the similarities mostly end their. "IJN Tone was going to be her name... Only her sister ship got azured..."