1. When Scorpius met Veela

It was finally here.

My letter from Headmaster Mcgonagall.

I've waited my whole life for this moment and now that I'm here I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Today's the day I find out if I've been made Headgirl or not!

"Open it, Rosie!" My dad said behind me. My whole family had been staring at the letter with me, waiting with anticipation.

"Let her do it!" My mother scolded my father.

I couldn't take it anymore. I ripped open the letter and stepped forward so that I would be the only one to know the results.

Dear Rose Weasley, ......

"What does it say?" Dad asked.

I turned around to them trying to not to cry.

"I got it!" I started jumping up and screaming in delight. Everything I had worked so hard for and finally paid off.

All the early studying, extra credit, and kissing professor ass paid off!

My mother Hermione, father Ron, and brother Hugo all pulled me into a giant group hug congratulating me.

" I knew you could do it honey"

"Proud of you Rosie" they said

"I can't believe this is happening! At least one good thing will happen this year." I exclaimed

"Yea, soon you'll have a husband" my brother painfully reminded me.

"Shut up Hugo. Your next in a few years." I wanted to smack him.  

"It's true, you get your spouses soon." he retorted suggesting he wasn't saying anything new.

"Hugo, please." Mom corrected him.

Hugo wouldn't stop reminding me all summer that me and every other 7th year would be participating in the Marriage Act on the first day of school. Years ago the counsel of Witches and Warlocks had passed a law where at our 18th year we would be assigned spouses to solve the population problem. I absolutely despise this law. I don't like to be forced into anything I don't want to. You would think after the war that there would be less tyranny. But the exact opposite has been happening yearly.

"Does it say who Headboy is?" My mother asked trying to change the subject.

I was so wrapped up in the acceptance that I didn't even think about who Headboy is.

Typically Headboy and Headgirl spend all their time together, they live together in their own private dormitory, they organize school events and are in charge of the Perfects, and since they are both 7th years they are basically in all of the same classes together. I'm hoping it's my best friend and cousin, Albus Potter who would be the one I spend all my time with.

I read through the letter to see who is about to be my new other half for the year.

As I read the bold name at the bottom of the letter I felt all color drain from my face and my body run cold.

~

Scorpius' POV

Rose Weasley

I would be lying if said I was surprised. However I was still disappointed.

Rose and I have been at each other's throats for 7 years, competing for who was the smartest and getting into trouble constantly. Although I thought Mcgonagall was crazy for putting us together, with all of the pranks and fighting we've done over the years.