Murder in two parts

I sweated under Amelia's bed as I heard footsteps grow closer to the door. Everything was dead silent- except for the one person who would make ME dead silent- Jason.

When the footsteps reached the door, I stopped breathing. What was going to happen now? Was he going to burst into the room and stab my friend? Was he going to find me next?

But the footsteps went right past the door. It must not have been him.

But then, there was a knock. Amelia opened the door.

"Hello?" She sounded confused, great acting, "Who are you?"

The heavy footsteps of a man thudded into the room as presumably Jason fixed his way in. I head a knife get drawn- the scrape of metal on a leather belt- and I held my breath. My friend screamed and bolted- but where?

I risked taking out my phone to tap into the house's security. It was, in fact, Jason, but this time with a black mask on, and my friend had just climbed into the closet in the other room. Unfortunately, Jason had seen. Her phone was on the table. I couldn't say anything for risk of being killed.

---------->

But he didn't open the closet door right as he got to it. Instead, he stomped back across the floor and pretended to search for something. Then he stopped, and headed to the door- opening it... and closing it again without leaving. He stepped very, very quietly to the closet and hid behind it.

My friend came out of the closet, sighing. "He"-she yelled, but she was cut off by a knife in her chest.

Jason walked towards the bed and mumbled to himself: "Now who were you yelling at..."
He slid himself under the bed.

I heard breathing in my ear as he looked around under the bed.

"Got you."

-------->

He had seen my phone light through the cracks.

I heard him move the mattress off of the bed and look under there. Then, he moved the ottoman. I was screwed.

He opened the drawer and pulled a rag out of his pocket. Still threatening the use of his blade, he poured a substance into the rag- chloroform- and pressed it to my face. I felt a drowsiness wash over me, and I went limp as he began to lift me up. The last thing I remembered before going to sleep was him dabbing my hands all over the scene, probably to pit my fingerprints on it. Then, he carried me out and my consciousness faded.