We turned to look at each other, both of us panting as we stared through the locks of our hair that had fallen over our faces. Then his eyes dropped to my hand resting on his chest. I must have instinctively held it against him to keep him from lurching forward during the near impact.

His breath was still heavy as he looked back up at me, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, LETTING ME DRIVE?"

My jaw dropped with an audible gasp, almost laughing as I yelled back, "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? You're the one that snatched the keys out of my hand and begged!"

Fred threw his hands in the air, continuing to play along, "And you listened to me?! Honestly, Charlotte, you should have known better. I've never driven on the road before!"

I couldn't suppress my laughter anymore as the guffaws tumbled out, "That's what I said! YOU should have known better!"

We continued our fake fight for a few more minutes before we had to settle down to catch our breath after laughing so hard.

Fred set his hands back on the steering wheel, "I think maybe..." He swung his head towards me, "You should drive."

"Oh really?" I unbuckled my seatbelt and raised my brows. My voice oozed with sarcasm as I held a fingertip to my chin, "Tell me, Fred, when did you become such a genius?"

"I thought you'd of figured out by now that I just keep you around to make me look like one," He winked.

My jaw dropped again, but he was out of the car before I could respond.

I got out and into the driver seat, but not without giving him a little shove as I walked passed him. Fred laughed and caught himself on the car's tail end, but I turned my nose up, "Hmph."

"So, where to first?" He asked, still chuckling while buckling his seatbelt.

"How about I take you to my favourite coffee shop? Then we can figure out the rest as we go along?" I fasten my seatbelt.

"I don't know what a coffee shop is, but I have full faith in you," He relaxed into his seat and stretched out his arms. One rested on the door and the other on the back of my seat.

"At least one of us has faith in the other," I chaffed and started the car again, "But first," I opened the centre console and began to rummage around inside it.

"What are you doing?" He craned his neck, trying to get a look inside.

"You can't have a road trip without music," I held up a cassette tap.

A look of amazement spread over Fred's face, "You can play those in a car too?"

I looked at him with confusion but then giggled, "Ohhhh, Freddie. I have so much to teach you."

"I know! I can't believe you didn't tell me about VHS tapes or the celly."

My eyes squinted as a short laugh escaped me, "You mean the 'telly'?"

"You see?" Fred exclaimed as if he had made a point.

I tutted and feigned disappointment while shaking my head.

"What?" He chuckled.

"Ohhh, nothing," I sang, "I just figured out what we're doing tonight."

He smirked, "And what would that be?"

"It would be a surprise," I grinned back at him.

"I like those," He leaned forward a little, "Until then, can I put the tape in?"

"Knock yourself out," I held it towards him.

With almost childlike excitement, he took the tape from my hand, "Awesome! Thanks, Lettie!"