The Fatal Fight

Atsushi's pov:

___________

It has been almost two weeks since I last saw Akutagawa.

Dazai informed me that akutagawa and I did not need to train any further.
The fight two weeks ago was a final exam.

Mori looked over dazai's report and decided we were okay enough to fight in a mystery upcoming mission.

I asked dazai and fukuzawa why I had to train with akutagawa. All they told me was "it's because you too fight well togther".

I find it somewhat curious that they want me to partner with a mafia member.

But they must have their reasons.
_____

The investigation into the masked men had reacently hit a wall. All of our leads were snuffed out as soon as we began to look into them. We haven't found there hideout, or anything about them for that matter.
.
.
Over the last two weeks, nothing major has happened since the port and ADA are working together now. No mafia groups have attacked the office or anything.

So I have been getting normal jobs. I can't complain though, its nice when things are peaceful.

Today, I got a job to investigate an abandoned werehouse in the south region of yokohama. The reports in the file have stated that there have been loud and strange noises coming from inside the building.

"Im going to head out." I yell to kunikida, who was in the other room. I began collecting my files of the case I have been assigned today off of my cluttered desk. "See you later, atsushi~," Dazai said while half asleep laying his head on his desk.

I started to head out the door before kunikida stopped me.
"Hey Atsushi, the car we were lending you is fixed, there was no major problems with it. Here are the keys back." He said, placing the keys in my hand.
"It is parked along the steet outside."

"Finnaly! Thanks so much, kunikida! One more day of walking around yokohama and I think my legs would fall off." I said with a chuckle before heading out the door.

I walked down to the car and began driving to the address on the file.

A report like this was actually vary common for the ADA, this is something I am used to.
There are just some strange noises to investigate since the police are very busy dealing with the collateral damage from the masked men's constant attacks.
So they often stick us with the cases that seem like a waste of time.

But for some reason, I had an unsettling feeling about this job today.

"Its probably just some thugs" I tell myself to calm down, because honestly, I was a bit scared. I have the gut feeling that something , or someone was waiting for me.

After about half an hour of driving in the busy early morning traffic, I arrived at the address. From the car, nothing seemed to be out of the usual. There were no cars parked outside, and I could'nt see anyone. It was just a desolate, falling apart, rusty old abandoned werehouse.

I collected myself and opened the door to step out.
Once I stepped out of the car, a foul smell flowed through the air. I walked up to the outside of the werehouse and hid around the corner of the building, out of sight from the front door.
I stood there attempting to listen for anything that would notify me of another humans presence.

After a moment of listening, I begin to hear a loud, raspy mans voice coming from inside the werehouse.
The echoey building multiplied his voice as he yelled, "Did you kill them!?" The raspy mans voice yelled too somone.

But no response followed his question. There was an unsettling pause of talking. I stood there covering my mouth, trying not to make any noise.

"Did they notice me?"