Chapter 7: "I'm sorry"

Start from the beginning

-“It wasn’t that bad”

-“Of course it wasn’t, I’m amazing” I said and she rolled her eyes. “I’ve been wanting to ask you” She eyed me cautiously.

-“If it has anything to do with yesterday I’d rather you didn’t”

-“No, nothing like that” I smiled “What’s your name?” She looked at me amused.

-“I’m not telling you”

-“What? Why?” I whined

-“Because, I’m your teacher, you don’t need to know my name.” So we are just teacher-student.

-“Fair point” I said disappointed

-“See you in my class Emma”

-“See ya Ms. M” I said and she shot me a threatening look causing me to giggle.

On my way to English, I came face to face with the same guy that kicked me a while ago.

-“Dyke” He said and I walked past him, but he grabbed my wrist. “I thought we established the last time that you don’t get to walk away when I’m talking to you”

-“Oh you were talking? I didn’t know animals could speak”

He lifted his fist to punch me but I ducked and punched him first, which didn’t seem to phase him much. He was still grabbing me by my wrist. He clenched his jaw and punched me.

-“Mr. Williams” A teacher yelled and he pushed me with force.

I fell down backward and ended up hitting my head. The teacher escorted him to the principal’s office and another one took me to the nurse.

I told the teacher and the nurse what happened. She gave me ice for my face and she helped me ice the back of my head so that I won't get a bump.

I stayed at the nurse's office for the entire first period and after making sure I was ok she let me go. I went to history where I spent half of the class explaining to Rachel and Marcus what happened. Thankfully he didn’t punch that hard and he didn’t get my eye, my cheekbone was red though.

-“Bro, the fuck?” Marcus exclaimed when the bell rang.

-“Yeah…”

Rachel was looking at me worried

-“I’m fine Rach” I said and gave her a small smile.

I went to algebra and I sat at my usual seat. Ms. Miller walked in smiling, but when her eyes landed on me her smile turned into a frown. I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes.

I was trying to pay attention but couldn’t, I was anxious about the test. My stomach was hurting and my heart was racing, plus a headache was starting to form, probably from the hit. I felt my face getting hot again.

The bell rang and I kept fidgeting with my rings as I waited for the students to leave. When the class emptied she came closer and put her hand on my leg to stop it from moving up and down.

-“Calm down, there’s no reason to be stressed, I’m sure you’ve got this” She smiled and I nodded.

She passed me the paper and I thought I was going to pass out. I opened it and started reading the questions. It was easy, I managed to stabilize my shaking hand and started answering them. I finished in forty minutes and got up and gave her the paper. Our fingers brushed.

I sat back at my desk, my stomach was stirring and I had a headache. I waited for her to correct it. As time passed I felt sick. I let my eyes wonder to her, she seemed so focused, she was biting her bottom lip and tapping her pen on her desk. After five minutes she spoke.