[idols] octarian soldier!reader

requested by: @/Wierdcuphead
Reader used to be in octarian army
Set after octo expansion

If i disappear for a long time its probably bc volleyball is in season for me rn so
^^past me jinxed it😮‍💨
im gonna be honest i never expected this book to grow so big, thank you so much everyone!!

Callie

- One of the stars of the iconic (yet infamous declared by Octavio) Calamari Inkantation, you pulled her heart strings as she pulled you free.

- Very loving and protective of you! Though Callie does see you always attempting to be more comfortable with adjusting to this more free world, as well as the affection the idol basically smothers on you, your girlfriend won't pressure you to rush.

- You sometimes have trouble with understanding some words in Inkling, as well as associating words with the proper objects. It was funny to see you call Marina grandma instead of auntie[1]. Callie points it out and you start to apologize profusely (especially since that girl was general during her time) but everybody said it was ok in the end. A fun memory.

- If you ever have trouble sleeping or being bothered by your memories as a soldier, ask her to play some tunes! Surely another dreamy melody would help to calm you down instead, Callie could even record some simple affirmations to make you feel more assured!

- Due to your.. Obedient behavior, it was an odd change from dramatically deciding for your own. "Do you think I need to go with you?" "Need to? Baby you can come to town with me if you want. You're not my bodyguard, but my partner, you have a say in your own questions." And so you decided to stay in your shared home, comfortable on the couch with the little blanket you bought with the money you earned.

- Lowkey forgets you're a soldier at times and Callie might call you a puppy.

Marie

- The other half of the ones who managed to open up thousands of Octolings' eyes, it just so happened you carried a heavenly melody that Marie swooned over.

- Is mostly indifferent on the fact that you used to be in the octarian army. Although Marie (as well as the rest in the NSS) was very hesitant on being very open of your relationship, you two were happy with just staying close to one another.

- Very patient and helps you adapt to Inkling culture. Inspired hair styles, clothing, etc.. Marie is esentially your very friendly tour guide, get a piece of trivia right? Smooch.

- If you ever need help breaking certain habits (eating very little or overworking yourself,) Marie and the others are there to help you! Agent Eight shared their experiences with big meals and how fulfilled it made them feel, bursts of energy came more frequent and they felt happier! Also, there's no need to sleep so lightly now, so your girlfriend is there for you to melt into a bed (as well as preparation for staying in it for a while after waking up.)

- The sassy idol loves you very much, and is willing to do (mostly) everything for you!!

Pearl

- Often checks in on you and absolutely spoils you.

- Has always felt strong connections to octolings, only it was you she fell hard for... Pearl is very clingy towards you, always worrying over the smallest of things (and always insists on paying for you even though you make your own money.)

- Gets you accustomed to the diversity of people. From species to festivals/splatfests, ask her any question Pearl will respond as best as she can with as much info as possible! Pop culture is nothing to be afraid of, mostly.

- Helps you feel more connected to your heritage by letting Marina and Eight have sleepovers together! Just the three of you together, learning new things and relearning old memories. The octoling language is foreign to those inklings after all, a slight advantage you three have over non-speakers. Pearl makes t-shirts for the three of you (drawn with paint markers) with the caption "The Three Octolings" (in butchered octoling handwriting) with explosions in the background.