019

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 019: MISERY LOVES COMPANY 🏁

JUNE 2, 2006
10:29 P.M.
TOKYO, JAPAN

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

NAMJOON WASN'T ONE TO DRINK.

He liked a nice, steaming hot coffee in the mornings and on occasion - an ice cold beer during the evenings when he was winding down with his colleagues after a long day of police work. Filing reports, carrying out investigations and arrests, you name it. Alcohol was hardly ever a remedy used by Namjoon as a way to wash away all of the stress that had been piled on him. But ever since he had touched down in Japan, it seemed as if he was steering away from that practice.

The barstool beneath him squeaks everytime he turns it even slightly in the opposite direction from it's last. His eyes are trained down on to the cool shot glass of bourbon, fingers lightly tapping at the smooth counter top as he concentrated on the way the tiny particles formed a small group about one corner of the glass before completely dissolving into nothingness inside of the liquid. The loud, and almost unpalatable consistency of the rock music the bar was currently blaring through the speakers made his ears bleed. Heart thumping in his chest in a perfect tune to the chaos surrounding him on a boring old Friday night. He finds himself a lonely sheep in the center of the commotion. Unamused, bored.

He expected to have something to get into every corner he turned. When he and Naomi first made it to Tokyo, he thought that he was stepping on to a battle field. On one end he would have a new enemy to watch out for, on the other he would have his stubborn partner to question and look after. They had been making progress. Naomi did her part, he could admit. Although most times it terrified him the way she just jumped into her tasks. No actual plan, no preparation. Just adrenaline and spite carrying her throughout her entire moments spent in the company of the enemy. Without Naomi by his side, and when he didn't have anything else to look into because he was an over achiever that got his work done the minute it was handed to him - Namjoon could honestly admit that he had nothing left to fulfill.

He couldn't take sitting inside of his hotel room. Japan wasn't home but there was lots to explore and get to know about the place. On a busy night like this with many pedestrians swarming the streets and forming lines outside of club buildings to get into , Namjoon decided to partake in the fun by sitting at the bar in his lonesome. Sipping on brown liquor, ignoring his thoughts and missing home.

"Here's another. Looks like you could use it." The bartender speaks. He had become quite familiar with the male's voice. You could only sit by the bar so long without knowing the names of at least two bartenders behind the counter. Namjoon had been sitting there for damn near two hours. He seen people come and go but he was the only who had stayed.