008

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 008: 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗔𝗙𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗦🏁

MAY 25, 2006
7:49 PM
TOKYO, JAPAN

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

"HERE."

Naomi slapped the piece of paper onto Namjoon's chest the moment he opened the door for her. She's been banging on his door with obnoxious need, annoying him as well as their surrounding neighbors but she doesn't care. Her hand is on his chest, with only a thin wall of creased, wrinkled paper and smooth, wrinkle-less cotton that hugs his chest.

Namjoon raises a brow with an expression that could only be categorized as either confused or unamused. His eyes trail down to the paper she holds firm against his chest. He reaches up to take it from her. "What's this?" He turned the paper around to look at it, eyes scanning down over the faded printed words.

"Documented proof of a Nitrous tank being installed in a 1970 Dodge Challenger swiped right from Hoseok's garage." There's a pride in her tone. It infects the smile which sits on display, framed by glossy lips. It's not like she's looking for praise of any sort from him, though, the slight nod he offers certainly does feel good along with the straightforward, "good job". Don't look at her, try to find a person who would feel shitty when someone appreciates their work, especially if the person offering it was a hardass like Namjoon.

"He said he'd teach me some stuff so I'll see if I can get my hands on anything else." Namjoon seemed pleased enough, for now, his appetite for evidence momentarily satiated and the promise for more to come kept him content.

It's only then that Naomi realizes how dressed up he is. Well, more than usual. For once it looks like he's going somewhere, wearing loose, faded blue jeans, and a dark olive green-colored shirt that hugged his chest just right without painting him as a show-off. Around his neck is a long, silver chain and resting on his chest is a pendant of a silver, gothic-style cross. Namjoon's not religious by any means, just likes the way it looks. Go ahead and crucify him all you'd like.

She arches a brow at him, eyeing him up and down with curiosity. "Where are you going?" He's hardly ever left the hotel since they got here a couple of days back, always "laying low", he claimed.

"Well, you didn't think you'd be doing all the leg work, did you? You're still a criminal, Naomi. I can't trust you as far as I can throw you." With how large he is and how small she is in comparison, he could probably throw her fairly far.

Naomi can't stand the way he tosses the word criminal in her face like an insult. It's true. She commits illegal acts, technically making her a criminal. But he spits it at her like it makes her a bad person. Her crimes harm no one and the idea that anyone should be allowed to criminalize someone for trying to survive only drives her distaste for Namjoon and people like him. People who claim they're morally superior to her just because they have options.