Parallels [19]

Once Ayato had the video of Oko posted on the internet and the belief he had murdered a bird for his ritual was enough to send him spiralling down into a pit of pure trouble. Oko was in the center of a hurricane and all eyes were on him, he was stuck in the guidance counselor's office.

He's sure Y/n would stay well away from him and she had the choice to prosecute him and the Basu sister's could charge him as well for stalking charges. Their choices have not been announced yet but that didn't mean Oko was safe.

The next day, Ayato made sure he woke up bright and early to meet Oko at school, so it would be just the two of them in the occult room. Oko normally arrived at school a bit early to get everything ready in his club ; he jumped at the sight of Ayato in the doorway.

He was stunned and didn't know what to say to Ayato as he was Y/n's friend and it had been exposed to the whole school that he was stalking her. He didn't say anything and a thick silence filled the room, the way Ayato stared at him gave of a bad aura, a dangerous one.

His eyes were blank filled with not even a spark of life, it was as if he was dead, he never noticed till right now. Oko's heart sank and he watched as Ayato slide the door shut, never once breaking eye contact, that suffocating aura made his eyes widen.

It reminded him of the stories his parents use to tell him and now he was the one encountering a demon, "You can't be here... your aura is too dark...you will attract evil spirits... I'm sorry... please leave..." Oko managed to say, Ayato walked around the ritual circle, in a curve and Oko instinctually stepped back so the skull with a knife stabbed into it were between them.

Ayato didn't say anything for the moment, but the day was gloomy and horrible, the paters of rain on the window filled the silence, "I knew you were nothing good from the start." Ayato begins and his hand lays rest beside the skull, "Y/n needs someone she can trust and that someone isn't you... Following her? And making her think you were someone she could trust, don't you feel ashamed?" Ayato asks, cutting Oko down from the root, his grip tightens on the book in his hand.

"I did tell her about you... And of course you proved me right. Don't you think she deserves better? Someone who will be by her side and embrace her, something you can't do." Ayato continues, stalking towards him and Oko steps back.

"She shouldn't have to settle for less, that's quite selfish of you Oko but you are quite selfish." Ayato spat and Oko recoiled, a twist in his stomach made him feel sick, hearing how he's been treating Y/n, Ayato's right... He is selfish.

"I see the way you study her, thinking she's all yours. It's disgusting how you think so little of someone so perfect, satisfying your own needs. You're pathetic in every sense of the word, you'd grovel at her feet like a dog if she asked."

"You should make it up to her, why should she have to deal with you? Doesn't that make you feel guilty, constantly dragging her down for you?" Ayato picks at all his visible insecurities and he tilts his head to the side, grinning a wicked smile."Do you apologies for all that you've done to Y/n, by cutting yourself?" Ayato laughs, right in Oko's face and it's middle school all over again. Oko's already pale complexion gets even paler, his words die in his throat and it suddenly feels as dry and as hot as the Sahara desert at the same time. How could someone be so insensitive and smile like it was nothing?

Smiling, as he squished him like a bug under his feet.

Ayato forcefully pulled his sleeves up to reveal, scar lines going from one end to the other on his wrist.

"Some of these are new, aren't they?" Ayato refers to the slits on his wrist, he stares into Oko's eyes as Oko's eyes are filled to the brim with tears ready to run down his face. "Why not just end it and spare Y/n having to deal with you."